Shower TMV

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by tore81, Feb 23, 2017.

1. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

After a bit of advice on how to change the shower TMV.

I wish to plasterboard and tile the shower wall. So I have to get previously fitted TMV off.

It is chased into the wall and has copper elbow fittings then into TMV. Which won't be long enough. Copper fittings have grout on too grr

What is the easiest way of doing this, a plumber friend mentioned plastic push fittings. Could I just turn stop tap off take old elbow off then replace with plastic elbow, temporary piece of pipe and stop end.

Any advice would be great. Confidence with plumbing isn't great but I have changed bits and bobs.

2. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

If the end of the pipe in CLEAN and not scored then yes.

3. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Any ideas how to get all this old grout off without scoring The pipes.

4. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Right managed to get grout off wasn't around the actual joints as I thought it would cause problems

So I'll attach a picture!

Could anyone tell me how I could extend the exsisting pipes out to dry line.

Is it just 15mm short pipe the stop ends.

How do I join it when I remove the TMV as it looks to me as the joint is the TMV if that makes sense

5. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Easier to explain with a pic

Attached Files:

6. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Looks old!

Do you have access to the hot and cold feed? If so, bin the existing and chase in some new pipe :)

7. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

The wall is chased already, maybe looks a bit older cause of grout etc.

But probably will last longer than plastic.

I still have the floor access to the pipes below not screwed down yet.

Could I cut them and run plastic? Just though it was less work take that off did extend pipe. I'm guessing not

8. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Difficult to say without seeing it tore. If pipe is ok, then just adapt it to fit your new mixer.

tore81 likes this.