Single booster shower pump

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by CD17, Nov 29, 2016.

1. CD17

CD17 New Member

Hello a friend of mine has a mixer tap on the bath, the pipe work has been put in with a mains feeding the cold throughout the house & the hot water is fed from a hot water cylinder which is fed from a tank in the loft which is approximately 6ft above the bath.

Now the problem is the cold water pressure is much greater that the hot, so it doesn't mix very well, would the best solution be to install a single booster pump, something like this....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311596188444? ... EBIDX%3AIT

Thanks for any help [​IMG]

2. G&W Plumbing & Heating

G&W Plumbing & Heating Active Member

Hi

That's a bit daft really,

If it's for showering you could fit an electric shower.

Problem you have is the mains could backflow still stoping the pumps flow switch, it may work if you pressure reduce the main to 3 bar & have a 3.2 bar pump

The house wouldn't of been piped like that originally, so whoever changed it has ballsed it up, a whole house pump would of done it on both gravity supplies

Gravity systems are old and **** now, unvented is the answer

3. Doall

Doall Active Member

I'd put a single impeller pump on the hot water supply from the tank by either using a s flange and salamander pump and running it direct to the hot tap. That way only time pump would be use it when the bath hot tap is used regards david

4. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

£999.00 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Can buy a megaflow for less. :p:p:p:p

5. Doall

Doall Active Member

I'd supply and fit what I said for that lol