Sliding pocket door recommendations?

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Rob_bv, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Rob_bv

Rob_bv Active Member

hi chaps, I have to supply and install a sliding pocket door to a bathroom and a double sliding door to a kitchen-diner knock through.

Can anyone recommend a good system from experience? Looking at the Klug and Eclisse systems over at IMD at the moment.

Cheers!

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

3. Rob_bv

Rob_bv Active Member

Thanks KIAB. Any idea if you can used galvanised / aluminium studs with systems that state they are for timber studs? I only ask as it's nigh on impossible to get straight timber studding (or timber that won't warp the moment it dries out!) from the local BMs these days. Half the stock would be best used for building a canoe!

4. DavidSmyth647

DavidSmyth647 New Member

From personal experience, I would not recommend Selo UK to anyone. Whether a self-build residential property such as my own, right through to commercial builds, my experience with Selo UK has been appalling. After a substantial personal investment into this product, to experience the poor design flaws within only 18 months of residential wear and tear, I would not expect the level of damage these doors have caused the door surrounds in my new home. Please avoid! IMG_0301.jpg IMG_0303.jpg IMG_0287.jpg IMG_0293.jpg IMG_0301.jpg IMG_0303.jpg IMG_0287.jpg IMG_0293.jpg