So, what shall we talk about now?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Nov 19, 2016.

1. (twiddles thumbs...) :rolleyes:

2. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

How about the evolution of man, I find it interesting that there is no dna link between Neanderthal man and modern man.

KIAB likes this.
  3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

What about evolution of women!:eek::D

[​IMG]

4. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Wiggy, vans! I mentioned on here I was not paid by a big company, funny enough they paid the full amount and 10% to say sorry and have me back to do more work. All because I refused to come back and carry on work.
    I've been looking at the T6 Highline LWB with the 2.0 engines. I can realistically consider one now. There's a few people have said they take ages to come from ordering, I've seen a few on the VWT4 forum say it.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  5. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

I'm not complaining!:D

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

T6 Highline LWB:)

A very nice van, comes with a lot of extra standard goodies, & I like the 6 speed box with 150bhp engine & above, plus there is a 7 speed auto as a option.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswagen/transporter

7. Watching the world go by on Barnstaple high street t'other day - we all have our crosses to bear - I couldn't help noticing that we've gorn back to the 1880's... :(

8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Barnstaple,ain't been there for a while.

9. They were our cousins and not our ancestors, I understand? But I'd expect we still share a huge amount of DNA.

Recent evidence suggests that all of modern mankind outside Africa left that continent in a single tiny group of possibly only a couple of hundred individuals, before dispersing slowly all over the rest of the world.

We are truly our neighbour's cousins.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2016
    Joe95 likes this.
  10. Oh, do hurry back...

11. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

I was originally going to go with a trend line, The caddy is a 1.6 manual. I'd like a manual gearbox preferably, am used to them. I need to look into the engines but I'd be unsure how well they pull, when I have everything in the caddy it struggles in low gears.

It's about time treated myself, I want something that is both car like, van like, and would look smart. I am thinking of popping into the garage next week after work to enquire, and see how much they reckon I could sell the caddy for.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  12. VANS! VANS! VANS!

Talking of Vans...

13. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

I would like a VW T6 Kombi Highline 6 speed, but it's over my budget.:(

14. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

As it was for me, in one way not being paid was a good thing, i just kept saving, and now i could purchase one. I am not telling the misses yet, she will blow a fuse!

15. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Stop making me feel old...:(

16. facilities

facilities Guest

Hi DA, Barnstaple that brings back good memories the dragon and myself spend 2 weeks in Lynton every year ( for the past 8 anyway) and take in the beautiful scenery and walks in the area, we always pay a visit to Barnstaple for a spot of retail therapy and have lunch in the Royal & Fortescue, if your from that way you live in a beautiful part of the country, I have a lot of good memories from Devon going back 40 years from when our children were little

17. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

When fitting plasterboard, should we be using nails or screws?

Joe95 likes this.
  18. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Screwfix Select

Yes we should use nails or screws.

CGN likes this.
  19. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Well that's that one sorted then...next!! :D

20. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Do aliens exist? Discounting the royal family! lol