So you thought I was dead uh,

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by tom.plum, Dec 24, 2015.

1. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Is Elvis living above a laundrette in Wigan? (and I'm sure there's a lad works down our chip shop swears he's Elvis) I feel a song coming on :p:p:p:p

3. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

Ofcourse I thought you were dead. I haven't heard from you since 2012, joinerJohn refuses to talk to me anymore, my account in that other forum: ultimatesummate has been FROZEN?????? so what am I supposed to expect?
    I admit I'm a bad person, but is there any reason to treat me badly? Anyrode, Merry Xmas 2u all.

4. PALAVA!

I love you, man.

5. joinerjohn1

Palava,,,,,,,, What a palaver your causing. :p:p:p:p:p

6. palavaman

Thanks peeps. In as much as I want to ''hang around'', there seems to be summat very wrong with this site or the powers that be have ''deliberately'' restricted my access to the site?
    It takes me a minimum of THREE (3) hours to post a reply? Most times, it takes for ever, so I just get bored and give up or the wife drags me away calling me names. Is there a particular trick I need to post on here without raising up my blood pressure? I have so called super fast broad band (BT Infinity+) and breeze through most sites and watch vids, but when it comes to this site, it's like drawing blood out of a stone? What is the trick, please somebody help me.

7. I'm not aware of anything like that, Pala, and I'd be astonished if such a thing existed.

I think you must chust have cookie problem or summat I don't understand.

Ask Peter the admin cove.

8. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2016
  9. joinerjohn1

Palava, you may well have BT Infinity "Superfast Broadband", but go on www.speedtest.net and have a look at your upload speed,,, (that's the one your interested in) and let us know what it is. Sounds like your upload speed is really letting you down. (either that or there's summat wrong with your Commodore 64 ) :p:p:p:p

Just tested mine and here's the result. http://www.speedtest.net/result/4977855692.png

10. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

palavachum how ya doing, As others have said give Peter a shout ,

screwfix Peter he's your man
    if he can't sort it
    nobody can,

( mind you don't swear) :rolleyes:

11. Mr. Handyandy

Sending a message on a site like this is not 'uploading'. Typing it maybe.

It's more likely he's going through a proxy, or as before, using an affiliate link.

Could even be an anti-virus program checking submissions(slowly) before sending.

Or a scripting fault(update java/javascript?)

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

12. palavaman

Will take all that onboard chaps. I miss you lot loads but for some reason have this posting problems? I will look into it as you all nicey chappies have suggested. But, why just this forum? Even when I try using my iPhone, it's the same outcome? If all else fails, I'll contact Screwfix Peter and see

13. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

I'll look forward to reading your posts palavachap, o_O

14. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

Just a thought. If you have been a naughty boy in the past maybe your posts are being sent fot approval before they appear. It is possible that an administrator has to read and allow it hence the delay. Peter would know and be able to remove the restriction if you promise to be good lol.

Maybe nothing to do with it but worth asking.

Kind regards

palavaman likes this.
  15. joinerjohn1

Wow Handy,,, I bow to your superior IT knowledge. I never knew that typing on my keyboard to make words appear elsewhere in the internet , didn't actually upload anything. Crikey, all these years and the likes of BT, Virgin Media, Talk Talk etc, have been ripping us off. Our mobile operators have been telling us we have an upload limit too. I think we should petition the government to investigate these practices by these scoundrels.. Charging us for something that doesn't count as uploading... Well I never,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:p:p:p:p:p

KIAB likes this.
  16. Mr. Handyandy

Don't try to take the p.

I said 'Typing maybe'

Yes, your keystrokes are uploaded, but once you finish typing, the internet takes over and your uploading is over.

As soon as you hit the 'post' button, you don't upload any more.

How long it takes to get from the messenger to the forum is nothing to do with you.

You are not sending the message, the screwfix servers are in charge.

FYI

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

17. joinerjohn1

Ahh , so you do admit that even typing in one full stop, counts as an upload ??

18. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

19. Mr. Handyandy

20. joinerjohn1

Handy, if you type it on your computer and it appears on the SF forum screen,, believe me, data has been uploaded. In strict internet terms any outward bound traffic counts as "upload " ;);)