Soil stack design

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by paul_K, Sep 22, 2017.

1. paul_K

paul_K New Member

Hi All,

Please can i have some advice regarding a new location for my soil stack. My existing one is located internally in the Kitchen and is currently being arranged to be relocated outside.

If this is move outside it will not run vertically up the outside of the building and will need to have 2 x 45 degree bends fitted due to the bedroom window obstructing the stack.

From point of ground floor it will need to be designed,

inspection socket
    2 Meter length - 110mm soil pipe travelling upwards
    45 degree elbow facing left over extension roof (this will avoid bedroom window)
    800mm length - 110 soil pipe
    45 degree elbow - this will run alongside bedroom window vertically facing upwards
    branch tee - branch then travels to left 1.5 meters to an inspection elbow into property connecting onto WC.
    outlet of tee facing upwards - travel 2 meters with a AAV connected.

Is this acceptable ?

Many thanks for your input.

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Sound a bit messy,got a photo showing routing.

Might be another way.:)

3. paul_K

paul_K New Member

Please see photo attached.

This is the current installation with the soil pipe located internally and terminating through the pitched roof.
    I would like the stack fitted to the right of the extension.

The French doors are being moved over 450mm to the right which will allow the soil pipe to be clipped against the wall, however in my previous post stated, it will need to have 2 x 45 degree elbows to move from under the bedroom windows to the left.

The roof has been lowered in pitch to now expose all plumbing waste pipes. The bath window is located above the extension.

Thanks

Attached Files:

4. I can't see any reason why this can't be done (tho' I'm not familiar with building regs and stuff), and if the 45o section runs close to that extension roof then it'll be pretty much hidden from the garden too?

The final (top) vertical section - that will be where the existing one is? Any reason why not leave it open and vented rather than fit an AAV?

5. The Teach

The Teach Screwfix Select

The soil pipe alteration seems fairly reasonable but think about,

The aav must be an external type only and it can be terminated just below the eaves.

Use pipe clips at regular intervals,so its looks like a professional job.

Consider the connection of the replacement soil pipe to the existing underground drainage,it looks like it will be in a different position.

Building regulations apply but some may say its a same for same repair with new materials :rolleyes:

6. paul_K

paul_K New Member

Many thanks for your replies.
    The soil stack will terminate in the same position vertically as existing photo shows. No reason to fit a AAV other than wanting to terminate below eaves.

I have contacted a company that is arranging for the underground connection to be altered to new position.

7. Bargain Bucket

Bargain Bucket Active Member

I don't think there is such a thing as an external AAV as far as buidling regs are concerned. It's simply not permitted.

8. The Teach

The Teach Screwfix Select

The external's have been around for quiet a while now ;)

9. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

With a external AAV you can now terminate within three metres of a window or opening, & don't need to go above the roofline.