Stretch

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by Ev5ie, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Ev5ie

Ev5ie New Member

I have been informed that if I spend £1500 in the month of February that Screwfix will give me vouchers worth £150 (10%). Great I think until I find out that they are offering people who spend less lower targets.

I spend on average around £750 per month at my local trade counter, occasionally this can rise to £1200. So they look at this and set me a target of £1500. Others that spend less monthly are set targets of £1000 or even £500, again to receive 10% of their target in vouchers. The target of £1500 now looks like a slap in the face, an insult for regularly spending at screwfix. I should add that there are higher targets also for those that spend even more than me.

Why doesen't Screwfix reward its customers rather than insult and punish them when they show loyalty ? Surely £50 for every £500 spent would be fairer?

2. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Why doesen't Screwfix reward its customers rather than insult and punish them when they show loyalty ? Surely £50 for every £500 spent would be fairer?

Are you sure it doesn't work like that ?

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

3. Ev5ie

Ev5ie New Member

100% certain. It seems the clue is in the title. They call it the stretch promotion. They look at what your normal monthly spend is and then set a target higher to stretch your spending. So those that don't generally use Screwfix get a £500 target to get them spending but others that use Screwfix regularly get higher targets. I'm absolutely enraged about it as I buy there most days.

4. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

5. Sounds very cynical, Ev5ie - are you sure it's like that? Could it be that the voucher %-age increases a wee bit too, with the increased buying amounts?

6. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

''deals'' like this should help remind us that SF are out to make a profit out of us all - their margins must be fairly good if they can afford to effectively give an across the range 10% discount

rather than insulting folks intelligence with such deals and endless ''was/now'' offers, which are clearly little more than marketing ploys - why not offer a simple price match ''deal''

never knowingly undersold

7. Ev5ie

Ev5ie New Member

It's absolutely correct. The branch holds a list of customers and they are banded into groups of £500, £1000, £1500, £2000 and £2500. I'm on £1500, what is everyone else on?

8. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

£0.00, 10% off of that won't help me to much :), they don't really stock the type of materials I use day in day out.

Good forum though, :)

9. Och, all the better for you joining...

(Need a luuuurrrvvv smiley.)

10. Marine Tech

Marine Tech New Member

I was given the £500+ offer, I don't buy a lot from them as most of my stuff is marine but coincidentally I did exceed it in Feb, nothing to do with the incentive as it happened but I need a new Bosch GSB robust drill so I am happy to get £50 off that. Bit unfair with the targets for regular large spenders though, almost makes one want to buy less!

11. current bun

current bun Member

Surely £50 for every £500 spent would be fairer?

Agree.