Syrian dictator

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Apr 5, 2017.

1. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

I agree and disagree, you clearly don't understand it, but others do and with the help of people like Blyth have come to understand it. "What can we do?" I here them say, well voting for the
    status quo aint going to change anything, hence what your kind (lets for the sake of argument call you the Liberal Elite, it could equally be fools) refer to as 'Populism', people will vote for change,
    hence Trumpism.
    Listen, Globalisation = lowering of wages, lowering of corporation taxes, destruction of workers rights. Really?, who would vote for that, would turkeys vote for Christmas?
    Well, clearly some would.

2. P J Thompson

P J Thompson Active Member

Da, I largely agree with post 397, until the end :D Though to be honest I don't actually disagree so much as think you didn't go far enough!
    I don't think the electorate is informed enough on anything at all. Electioneering doesn't give people facts or definite promises. It gives people choice phrases, false promises and false hopes. And for some reason people fall for it and think their vote will actually mean something.
    If people were truly informed about representative democracy they wouldn't vote in this system! They'd demand an alternative :D

Deleted member 33931 likes this.

3. And voting for brexit will give you exactly that, wont it.

Its why I say I understand what you mean and want. But not what you voted for. You fell for the words, not the actions

4. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Maybe, maybe not. But at least there is a possibility whereas voting for the status quo, will give me, the status quo.

5. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

So voting remain would have then would it. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:, no of course not, so two choices, one of which has had 40 years to work and failed, the other, well time will tell.

6. And a better standard of living.

Whilst I dont like everything as it is, all I really want is a decent standard of living.

You might want more

7. Just answered that, above post.

And if you cant see that, then there is no help

8. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I see you have this "crystal ball " Did DA lend it to you? Nah.. No use using conjecture to try and prove a point JoT . It proves nothing whatsoever.

9. Phil the Paver

Be telling you that since the vote, but you still insist on moaning.

10. Bit more than conjecture.

So, explain simply how brexit will improve my standard of living.

Conjectcture is allowed. I want to see your theory

11. Thats so very true.

We have got brexit. There is no help forthcoming

12. Phil the Paver

Stop being selfish and think about the country.

13. I am, by using me as an example.

So. Your theory please?

14. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

As a self employed tradesman I'm earning less than I was ten years ago, most people I know are in the same boat with exception of public sector and tube train drivers.
    That's a direct result of Globalisation.
    That's why I vote against globalisation in whatever way I can. As do others, its what the 'elite' scathingly refer to as 'populism',

15. Phil the Paver

Good its not needed, especially if its in the form of the EU, Greece, Ireland, Portugal, Spain etc can vouch that it doesn't work, like most of their teenagers.

16. As i have asked in the other thread, how exactly ?

17. Phil the Paver

Only 10 years!!!!! Even the powers that be admit to it being somewhere nearer 20 years ago.

18. Your stagnant earnings was certainly as a result of unfettered globalisation, I'll grant you.

But to 'vote' against globalisation for this reason seems a bit naive to me. Prior to the crash our economy was getting along quite nicely, thank you. Our country was - and is - quite high up in the world's economic stakes. And that ever-increasing wealth is down to globalisation too.

Yea cannae diss' globie chust because of 2008, man.

19. Stop being selfish and think.

20. Our democracy is a very crude device. We vote for the best option - or the lesser of evils if you prefer it that way.

We are given alternatives at each election, but they don't tend to be hugely radical or extreme - more shades and variations of a type. (Maggie may have been an exception...)

That is probably - overall - a 'good thing'; it doesn't do to swing too excessively most times, especially if it can happen every 4 or 5 years.

It certainly ain't perfect, but it has served us reasonably well. In any case, what is the alternative? Massive political swings due to modern populism (soz - I'm re-reclaiming populism in its new and highly tainted form...)?

Brexit is more than enough reason to say 'Non' to that.

Us, and the rest of the world, was getting steadily a wee bitty better, you know; all of us generally slightly better off, better educated, more options open to us, more freedoms to move around and travel, share experiences and information.

Only 'populism' allows such crazy self-destructive acts like Brexit based on disinformation and knee-jerks.

It ain't healthy, I tell you.