Telebeam Installation

Discussion in 'Project Photos' started by Jitender, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Aerial cables will be re-positioned in the eaves section. Chisels out damaged brick, new brick will be replaced after.

upload_2017-1-12_14-3-23.png

New hole has been drilled, then lined using plumbing pipe. Will have to cut the neighbors aerial then rejoin after passing through. Other side I have only drilled a 25mm hole and lined with overflow pipe as only one cable needs to pass through.
    upload_2017-1-12_14-3-55.png

KIAB likes this.
  2. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

There was a gap behind the stud so tested on stud and filled the gap with a bead of expanding foam on either side.

The stud is a lot more secure and solid now so will end up doing this the whole lot, think its going to help with sound proofing as well.

Don't think I need to put in further noggins in either now.

3. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

I'm just in the process of rewiring the upper lighting circuit. Went for the sure wire product as wanted to keep cable runs orgainised. Have had to use two boxes in series. this one is the 2 way lighting witch junction box. The feed goes in to PI/O connections then the suppl for the 4 way one on opposites side of eaves is taken from another PI/O connection.This one is full.

Going to get double clips or use wide trunking. M8 nuts were glued to the back of the hole positions so I could route the cable behind the box, think it's neater this way.
    upload_2017-1-16_14-52-25.png

upload_2017-1-16_14-52-42.png

On 4 way box wired up the the rear bedroom, WC. Will do bathroom tommorw as more complicated, wanted downlights but can't as beams take up much of the room so wll have to put one there. The only problem is the 3 pole switch needs a permanent live so may have to put additional wags in the box to make this up. Otherwise made the cabling much neater, think lever wagos would have been easier as can be difficult to press?

asdsingh, KIAB, Joe95 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

I'm sure those surewire boxes are great when the job fits them perfectly, I just bought a Wago "starter kit" as I prefer to have the flexibility. Next wiring job will be doing spots in the bathroom (probably x5), although quite a few spots these days come with their own mini junction box.

5. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

I put loads of spots in our bathroom! My fault for not holding the paint brush properly! :p

6. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

That seems a very good Idea. Neat too.
    Think I'll have to try one:).

The lighting wago's are generally more fiddly and harder to push. I prefer the push in range for lighting.

Blimey, just noticed they do large ones:
    http://www.screwfix.com/p/surewire-sw7m-mf-16a-7-way-pre-wired-junction-box-white/4413j
    I'll defiantly use these on spotlight installs.

7. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

I never knew SF sell them, I purchased them at a much higher price :eek:

8. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Well, at least you know for next time:p:p

Jitender likes this.
  9. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

So neat..:eek:

10. K Kahlon

K Kahlon New Member

Starting a loft conversion in summer.

Nothing like getting the steel and framework done and chip boards installed and then when you can finally sit/walk on it and have a large Cod & Chips with some lemon with a can of cola and sun beating hard.

11. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Nearly finished the 4 way one, I have a spare light/switch so could connect a light in the eaves section.

For the fan I have had to take a 3 core+e from the box (permanent live from the spare P I/O connection) then will have to go into a wago box to house the connections for light and fan, may be another way but this is what I have worked out.

12. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

I would wonder if the push-in wagos would fit neatly in the surewire box?

13. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Might have a look tommorw, would prefer them in one housing, but because its in the eaves section I'm not too fussy.

14. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Just waiting for the best day as need to cut the neighbors TV feed then re-thread it through the new hole.

Need to go in to both sides.

15. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Is their cable feed taken from your aerial? or is it an aerial shared among a few neighbors?

16. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

There's one mast but each house has its separate aerial. This is how it was done when built.

Was going to pay for a new mast to be sited on neighbours gable, but much easier to do this way.

17. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Ordered some loft rolls to go over the 50mm Rockwool RA45 acoustic slab. Rolls were perforated at predetermined widths, so had to cut rolls to width.

3rd joist in, insualtion was a bit wet when delivered so is compacted, hopefully it should open up?
    upload_2017-1-20_11-6-30.png

170mm Knauf loft roll earthwool, made from recylged glass bottless, havnt worn any gloves and doesn't feel itchy. Not as dense as the rockwool.
    upload_2017-1-20_11-6-48.png

At beam insulation tied to make sure all the beams were on a levelish plane (i.eno ups and downs), very difficult to do as all depends on wall plates.
    upload_2017-1-20_11-7-15.png

2m level
    upload_2017-1-20_11-7-36.png

Starting to put flooring down to cover the 4 joists, which will be 7 sheets in total. Stuck one down with stixall and very instant grab. used laser level to mark each beam so i knew where to stop with the glue. Was planning on screwing it down as well, but don't think I need to now.

Really could do with stairs, but unable to find anyone, had one quote but s nearly working out at £1000 just for labour alone. Thinking of going to ordering stairs myself from stair box...

Joe95 and Dr Bodgit like this.
  18. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

What about making your own as you seem more than capable.

19. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

The price I'm getting off stair box is £576 for the stairs inc. delivery. So doesn't seem to bad basing on other prices.

This is redwood stringers, 32mm pine treads and ply risers, 2 posts. no hand rail or spindles.

2 stair people have said its better to have the stairs made up before fitting (i.e workshop)

20. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Unfortunately I tend to agree with the stair people, it's far far superior to have it checked in the shop first prior to site delivery. £576 for a single kite winder including newels and delivery seems pretty cheap to me, they will have done it on a cnc machine with no dry fit, and just shipped it straight out to you. If it doesn't fit, you'll be up shxt creek, at least with a local joinery any issues they're close by to sort it, (and they're liable, not you). However, a grand for just labour not including the staircase materials seems excessive, one man in a Joiner shop ,a day and a half to make the stairs including the materials and transportation, overheads etc, I'd have thought you'd be looking at around £700-£800 myself........

Frank Coles and KIAB like this.