Theodolite hire?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Frank44, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Frank44

Frank44 New Member

Does anyone know where I can hire a basic Leica theodolite for a resonable price? The usual hire sheds (HSS / Speedy etc) all seem to very expensive or don't do Leica ones, and I can't stand that Sokkia rubbish! Do we have any surveyors on here that want to share where they hire survey equipment from?

2. sammy30

sammy30 New Member

I am not sure where is cheap to hire theodolites but last time I hired one from HSS i called them from site for some technical advise on how to use it - because I wasn't familiar with the model they supplied - and nobody at HSS could help me. what a waste of time. it was a good job i knew someone in the trade who uses them and could come down and lend a hand or i would have been stuffed. do yourself a favour and find a company who specilises in surveying equipment and then ask if they also do hire. you should be able to work out on the telephone if they know what they are on about or not by asking them some questions.