Tile Edge Pro

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by Hudson's Joinery, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Has any of you lads used this thinking off buying some ?

2. Hmmm. I can't see - and no mention of - a joining bracket to keep the levels going in and around corners. An obvious omission?

And you still have to use a spirit level. So all this is is a nice straight edge?

Apply to dusty surface - come back after a cuppa - see tiles on floor...

3. I you just butt them up to each other and there are screw holes in the fixing brackets for extra strength. Saves on buying 2x1 for jobs every time I ordered a set last night see how they work will post what I find

4. Hmm, wouldn't an obvious addition be an 'L'-shaped bracket that slips into each rail end to go around, and in, corners to maintain the 'level'.

5. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

design inspired by a length of Unistrut, that often used straight edge, heavily galvanised and readily available, and just £8 for a two meter length - 'L' brackets also available to stop those corners dropping - adopt, adapt and improve

[​IMG]

6. Yes, but this one has 'Pro' written on it.

7. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

ah, the length I have only has the remains of some brown sauce on it

8. well come home from work and its here will try it out on friday

9. Spit Roaster

Spit Roaster New Member

How much do these things cost does anyone know?

10. They do a kit for £100 fella

11. Spit Roaster

Spit Roaster New Member

12. right ok but this system is reusible what you getting at ?

13. Spit Roaster

Spit Roaster New Member

Well my 2x1 planed is reusable. I even leave the clout nails stuck in it!!
    It's a great idea and very innovative but these things always come at a price. My 2x1 has lasted me for years, costs next to nothing and when it's finally had it I use it for something else like, ermm, fixing to a wall as support for boxing round pipes or something? Sometimes I'll even chisel little wedges of the end to use as packers or for plugging a wall which is loose and crumbly and there's no other way of getting a fixing?? Extremely versatile!!

14. :eek: £100, Hudson?! I'd have though it would have had a clip-in spirit level for that kind of money.

As well as being gold plated.

FatHands likes this.
  15. Spit Roaster

Spit Roaster New Member

I have to agree...it does seem a lot of money for a bit of metal. I suppose they have to pay back the initial manufacturing costs and the patent fees. I'll stick with my system.

16. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I'd have expected some led's and possibly a laser thrown in for that price. ;);)

17. Spit Roaster

Spit Roaster New Member

I'd have expected a hand job from the bird that's doing the voice over in the video for that sort of money.

FatHands likes this.
  18. well i have bought a kit and will see how they are this friday lol i did not think price was bad for what you get
    • 1 x carrying tube
    • 2 x 1000mm,
    • 2 x 600mm
    • 2 x 400mm
    • 2 x 300mm
    • 2 x 200mm
    • 20 x clamps
    • 200 x Heavy Duty Locator Stickers

19. 1500mm are £15