Tiling Wetroom with Large Format Tiles

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by Werz, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Werz

Werz New Member

Hi
    Can anyone please give me some advice on the best method/tile cutter to use when tiling an embedded shower tray (1200x800mm) with s/s centre drain. The tiles I want to use are 750x750mm porcelain. I realise using this method will create many large diagonal cuts to the drain from the outer edges of the tray. I would like to get the grout lines accurate and therefore a good quality tile cutter will be required. I have read that the Dewalt D2400 tile cutter is a good tile saw but this won't be large enough to do some of the cuts.

Would you professionals use a manual cutter for this type of job or is there a decent quality bridge saw I could hire/buy?

Cheers
    Werz

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Need something like a Rubi DC-250 1200 electric tile cutter, they can be hired, or some other suitable Wet Bridge Saw.

3. Werz

Werz New Member

Cheers
    I came across this tile cutter during my search and was all geared up to buy it, but when I read some reviews, everyone seems to completely slate (pardon the pun) the quality of not just this cutter but just about all Rubi saws. They were saying the blade wanders badly. Have you had any experience with this cutter?

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Sadly, no experience of th Rubi, last wet bridge saw was a Husqvarna a few years ago.

Want to post on the Tilers forum,most are helpful lot on there.

http://www.tilersforums.co.uk/