Timbabuild Wood repair products

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by Neal H., May 16, 2015.

1. Neal H.

Neal H. New Member

Hi all,
    Just wondered if anyone has used this product. Have some damaged window sills needing repair and this looks like the Epoxy repair systems that are very popular in America.

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I've used a similar system called windowcare in the past, it was very effective but pricy.

3. Neal H.

Neal H. New Member

Thanks Chippie244. Yep it's not cheap compared to say Ronseal two part filler but having used it today it looks like real quality, long lasting gear. Time will tell

4. mr moose

mr moose Screwfix Select

I use the Repair care, Dry Flex stuff a lot it goes on really nicely- but costs an arm and a leg. Am also just about to try out the Timbabuild as its cheaper , will report back.

5. mr moose

mr moose Screwfix Select

Moose reporting, I didn't use the timber build in the end for two reasons 1. could not get the stuff out with my modified Repair Care gun, (I have actually used Timba build a long time ago and used the same gun which did work then) 2. I happened to be working on a sill that looks like it had been repaired with Timba build in the past (same colour and definitely epoxy) and there was some adjoining cracks between it and the wood which tells me that its not flexible enough for wood filling long term. So now I have been put off using it again, think I will stick with Repair Care. Anyone like to buy a pack of Timba build?:rolleyes: