Time to leavee

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Phil the Paver, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

2. Phil the Paver

My god it gets worse, Germany and French get rebates to the tune of 800+ million and 600+ million respectively, guess who runs Europe??.

Ukip, Ukip, Ukip. :)

3. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

We have to stay in PP - we are now part of friendly europe.

4. Sigh.

I chust knew the kippies would be smacking their lips at this one...

Of such a short-sighted view of the world.

OI! GERROFFF! THAT'S MINE. What? You're trying to tell me there are benefits to being in the EU as well?!! Huh - here's what I have to say to THAT; NAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAH - I'm not liiiiisssssseeennniiiinnnggggg :p

(Don't forget the sing-song voice... :rolleyes: )

5. Phil the Paver

Name the benefits of being a member, that we as a country couldn't do on our own, from where I'm standing, it's all take, take, take and when the pots empty, take some more, I mean Greece is ni on bankrupt, but they have to find 70 mil, :rolleyes::rolleyes:, couldn't beat us in 2 wars but bloody doing a good job financially now.:mad::mad:

6. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Well ,, Cameron's said he isn't paying this bill (at least not in the time scale dictated to us by Brussels)

If the UK decided not to pay this £1.7bn bill, what exactly could the EU do? Kick us out of the EU hopefully? Or perhaps the French will blockade the Channel ports (at least that'll stop the illegals getting over here, so nice move Frenchy) Merkel could give us one of them stares she's so good at (mind you she could curdle milk with just one glance)
    Make em sweat I say. Germany had a greater GDP that us here in the UK, yet they're getting a bloody rebate. The EU is trying to bleed us dry. Something's got to be negotiated... Perhaps Cameron should tell them "The UK will pay this demand, as soon as the EU's accounts are signed off." (that'll give us breathing space as long as a piece of string) ;);)

7. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

The EU philosophy is just scaled up leftie thinking - take money off those who try hard and give it to those who don't.

Good idea about the EU accounts JJ.

8. joinerjohn1

Seems to be Conservative policy too Harry. I'm getting poorer each year and the bloody rich are getting richer. ;);)

9. joinerjohn1

I see in the news that Merkel would now "accept" a UK exit from the EU, if Cameron insists on migration curbs (and I for one hope he does insist on curbs)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29874392

10. Harry Stottle

You're right JJ, but then Conservatives have turned left anyway. Seems that UKIP is the only party left that believes in traditional values.

11. Phil the Paver

She calling his bluff, what she really means is, if you don't do as I say, there won't be a nice cushy multi million pound job for you when your booted out of office, just like that nice Mr Blair.

12. joinerjohn1

Dunno about Blair, he was rather quiet when all them rockets were going off in the Gaza Strip (him being Middle East envoy n that.) Perhaps he was on holiday and missed it. ;);)

13. Harry Stottle

I think you're right Phil, the only conceivable reason for Cameron's enthusiasm for the EU must be the inevitable soft and lucrative job that awaits him.
    JJ's right about Blair, there seems to be more conflict in the Middle East since he got involved.
    On a slightly different tack, I read that the senior members of ISIS are threatening to kill any jihadists who try to go back to their own country, seems a good idea to me.

14. "...the only conceivable reason for Cameron's enthusiasm for the EU must be the inevitable soft and lucrative job that awaits him."

You two should really try and start thinking a bit more deeply. Harry - that is a shallow, throw-away, unsubstantiated, meaningless, self-gratifying statement. Ie - it's 'glib'.

Glib is not good.

There is real irony in this current situation; the Brits - the traditional defenders of democracy and freedom - are pulling up the drawbridges and shouting f'you to anyone beyond.

Whilst the Germans - the GERMANS! - are promoting equality, freedom of movement, human rights...

How the circle has turned :oops:.

Yes, we do need to control our borders - we are simply not big enough to allow unhindered access to people who cannot support themselves (except in certain conditions where human-rights abuses are being perpetuated), but that doesn't mean a simple 'block'.

Please grow a critical brain. Please stop listening with a stupefying grin to everything Farage says. He is actually a horrible, horrible person.

15. Harry Stottle

DA you sound like the Blair loving sort of person who'll shoot the messenger. It's no good telling me to think more deeply and it's no good moaning about my opinions either. If anyone, it's you who should do a bit of deep thinking, you've obviously not done much of that.
    Also, why is Nigel Farage so horrible? Do you know something the rest of us don't know? Unsubstantiated insults don't carry any weight at all in sensible debate, so if you want to retain any credibility you need to withdraw that last paragraph.
    Harry

16. Yep, I am a Blair-appreciator :). 'Cos I appreciate what he tried to do - before being scuppered by Broon - and the things he did manage to do.

I will amend my last comment - I consider Farage to be a horrible person because he spews glib statements for his own end, whilst trying to pretend he is a serious politician. A bit like Galloway - presents an image of himself as a maverick, 'working for the people', but actually serves no practical purpose other than providing for himself a good living.

I guess it's a side-shoot of democracy. But, an unpleasant one.

17. Phil the Paver

What Blair did, well he brought the country to it's knees financially, started an illegal war that we could never have won and in fact made the situation much worse, did a runner when the ***** hit the fan leaving Brown to take to flack, as for being peace envoy, pot, kettle comes to mind, the man should be tried for war crimes and then shot, prison to good for him, scum of the earth.:mad::mad::mad:.

As for Germany, there's only one country they are worried about and it not this one, as I said before couldn't do it in two wars but doing it now financially.

18. Jesus Christ, Phil.

Don't you read? Don't you investigate? Don't you look beyond the front page of the Mail?

This thread ain't gonna run and run because half the participants just throw in bar locks they haven't actually spent any time disseminating themselves. Just go the populist line, and - hey - you'll have supporters and can pretend you have an opinion.

Blair brought the country to its knees financially? If you are going to chuck that one in, then at least do us the service of backing it with something credible.

The Blairite government did indeed pour money into the NHS and schools to bring up to date what had been abandoned by the previous Tory gov. Then came a world-wide financial crash. That's world-wide.

Unless you can show just how the UK government caused this, then - really - you need to shut up 'cos you are being very silly indeed.

Blair then rallied the UN in Sierra Leone and Kosovo. To huge life-saving effect. And against the more lilly-livered politicians.

Iraq - now that was indeed slightly different. But the same potential to have a good outcome - if it wasn't for the likes of Rumsfeld.

Legal? Yes it was. And you saying "it wasn't" doesn't change that. Ok, it was based on dodgy info, but it was still the 'right' thing to have done, and it could have been wonderful for the Middle East had it been handled better.

19. joinerjohn1

Dunno about circles and turning DA. The Germans seemed to promote "Freedom of movement" a plenty in 1939. (or did you not learn history in school) ? :p:p:p:p:p

And as for Blair... Pray tell, what exactly did he do during the recent Gaza conflict? His silence was astounding. ;);)

20. Phil the Paver

Just like to point out, I have never ever read the mail. :p:p:p.

I do believe that Blair was behind this country's financial crash though, after all it was his government that allowed the bankers to run wild, this did in turn along with America cause the world wide crash that we are now sitting in and will be for a long time.

After all London is the financial hub of Europe and most of America's major banks are based here as well as at home.

Ordering Brown to sell our gold when he did in a desperate bid to get some funds in, was probably one of his best cock ups, along with starting a war, nice bloke indeed, sort of bloke you'd have a pint with, NOT.