Titan plunge saw rails

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Colin Clark, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Colin Clark

Colin Clark New Member

Hi, is it possible to buy replacement Titan plunge saw rails/tracks?

2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

From previous posts it appears TITAN spares are not readily available, you probably will be best to contact Screwfix customer services for an answer to your question.

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

May I ask why you need new rails, I'm intrigued.

4. Colin Clark

Colin Clark New Member

Just read elsewhere that Makita rails fit.

5. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

I would be interested in buying additional rails as have the same saw myself

Really happy with it and for the price, it's excellent (I'm diy)
    2 x 700mm rails are ok but a pain when cutting 8x4 sheets

As above, no spares available for any item in the Titan range and although in theory it is a Screwfix own brand, they can't tell you any info or advice about anything in the Titan range

Would be interested to know if you track down compatable rails - good luck

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Ah!:oops: On wrong wave length yesterday,silly old fool.[​IMG]

Look at the Triton track saw rails, they look identical, & you can lock saw onto track like the Titan exactly the same way.

TTST1500 tracks are 1500mm track, also 700mm available.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  7. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Loads of Makita guide rails on ebay at the moment.

KIAB likes this.
  8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

9. Andrew Murray

Andrew Murray New Member

Just wondering as looking at getting Titan saw. Will a Makita track fit onto the Titan track to extend length?

10. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Do change the stock blade on Titan to a Freud blade far superior performance.

11. Andrew Murray

Andrew Murray New Member

Ye was looking at changing blade but need bigger track as cutting 8x4 sheets.

12. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

13. Bob T

Bob T New Member

I have purchased the Makita 1.4m rail (https://www.screwfix.com/p/makita-194368-5-1-x-1400mm-plunge-saw-guide-rail/533fv?_requestid=345416) and it fits my Titan plunge saw ok (https://www.screwfix.com/p/titan-ttb673csw-165mm-plunge-saw-230-240v/9257j).

Note it is not exactly the same design as the Titan rails, but they will join together with a bit of wiggling. I noticed the saw does catch sometime when transitioning from one rail to the next, but will go with a bit of extra force or more wiggling! Not sure exactly where it was catching, but didn't cause any real issues.

Also note the Makita rail doesn't have as deep lip for the rail locking latch to clip under, so it may not be quite as stable when doing angled cuts (I haven't tried).

AlvyChippy likes this.
  14. Andrew Murray

Andrew Murray New Member

Cheers guys think will just purchase Makita track and shame can't get accessories for this saw. Got Titan saw and new blade. Great bit of kit for the price. We'll impressed

15. big all

big all Screwfix Select

suspect the anti kickback mechanism assuming it has one
    try setting it up for the track you where having to force it on to
    did you try it independantly along both tracks before connecting them together

16. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

If it's catching when you move from one rail to the other, it might not if you joined them the other way round.

17. Bob T

Bob T New Member

Yes it runs fine on the two types of rail independently. But as they are not exactly the same the raised sections that guide the saw don’t line up perfectly (we’re talking less than 1mm), so the transition is not perfectly smooth. Not enough to prevent use, just enough to be catch on occasion.

18. Bob T

Bob T New Member

Yes good idea, I’ll try that next time I use it and see if it is better from one to the other or vice versa.

19. big all

big all Screwfix Select

maybe a 1mm chamfer on the raised edges without rubber on in case its difficult to see lip where the edge has burred or turned up with cutting ??