toilet suggestions

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Krisrt, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Krisrt

Krisrt New Member

Hi all. I've fitted several toilets in my time and most have been terrible at flushing away, you have to flush them at least twice to remove the debris. However I will say that they haven't been the most expensive of pans
    so for my cloak room toilet I'm going to get one that works.
    so if someone can point me in the dissection of one that works very well and doesn't cost the earth id really appreciate it

thanks Kris

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Any toilet will work, it's how you install pipe work to take waste away.
    Seen soil pipe laid with no fall, going upwards,etc,etc,:( & they then wonder why it dosen't run away properly.

3. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

You must have done a c.rap job then! :p

4. Krisrt

Krisrt New Member

As per Std my fall from outlet to stack is 1" in 1m.

5. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

Single or dual flush ... seen it many times with a dual flush that people use the low volume all the time rather than the full flush. And what water volume are you setting them at?

KIAB likes this.
  6. P. Gee

P. Gee Active Member

I've fitted loads in my time and as said, the correct installation will determine how well it works. However, I have fitted some expensive ones and just because they cost a lot doesn't necessarily mean they work any better, although they may have better fittings. Confession time now, I fitted a cheap Wickes toilet downstairs in my house and it always flushes completely every time and uses little water.

CGN and KIAB like this.
  7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Also have a cheap Wickes CC toilet, was on offer & I can't fault it, water exits all the way around rim, not just at the back with some other toilets.

8. Krisrt

Krisrt New Member

It is a dual 5 ltr cistern set at max volume always using the main flush function.

9. Krisrt

Krisrt New Member

Just thought could I change the flush valve for a larger capacity unit like 6 litres or more?

10. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

11. P. Gee

P. Gee Active Member

And it's small so ideal for areas where things are a bit tight.

12. Krisrt

Krisrt New Member

So the wicks cheap toilet has the thump up

13. P. Gee

P. Gee Active Member

I think it's good and would happily fit another.

14. Rob_bv

Rob_bv Active Member

Time to change your diet:p

Krisrt, P. Gee and KIAB like this.
  15. Krisrt

Krisrt New Member

16. Krisrt

Krisrt New Member

17. P. Gee

P. Gee Active Member

18. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

19. P. Gee

P. Gee Active Member

I thought for one moment you were going to show off by having 3 working toilets!!!

KIAB likes this.
  20. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

You never know when you might need one.
    Reminds me when I was driving along in the middle of nowhere and I was dying to go .
    My wife said why don't you just stop the car and use the one in the caravan we are towing.:rolleyes:

P. Gee and KIAB like this.