towel radiator

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by fryarch, Apr 21, 2014.

1. fryarch

fryarch New Member

2. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

You should get everything you need to do the job with regards to fixing to rad,but it will have to be wired safely.

3. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

I hope your not planning on it being the only heating in the bathroom.

4. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

I was a newbie once to.

5. That's the trouble with cut and paste!

6. G&W Plumbing & Heating

G&W Plumbing & Heating Active Member

If you have cyl take supplies off primary's for heat when in hw demand

7. hvinst079

hvinst079 New Member

It should include everything you need to install. If you get a chance, try and physically look at one before buying. A friend had one which looked great, but soon started rusting and turned into a right eyesore due to a poor quality finish. That was chrome though, not matte black, so not sure if this would help?

8. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

Think that you'll find that running a bathroom rad/towel rail from the DHW circuit now contravenes Doc J or some energy efficiency paper. We have been putting them back onto the main CH circuit where we find them

9. plumberboy

I didn't know that Dave how recent is that doc?

10. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

Cant say for certain but we've been told if we find it alter it. That was going back 2 years ago when the green deal kicked in maybe more, you know how time flys.

11. plumberboy

Cheers Dave I need to get with the times,have you heard about these new expansion vessels that are spring loaded so you don't have to charge them with air,I haven't seen one myself but they are out there.

12. G&W Plumbing & Heating

It's perfectly ok to install a separate towel rail circuit with the connections surface in the a/cupboard, doc j is flues, combustion etc? Do you mean part L? They are not run off DHW?! Simply off the primary's eg before zone valves, this is more economical then having an element, when the DHW is in demand the towel rail gets hot, gate valves needed to balance of course, due to cyl needing a balancing valve on return wasted heat trickles the auto bypass, with my method there's less resistance as your towel gets hot the same time as you programmed your HW, amazing

13. G&W Plumbing & Heating

Yes I can see customers giving you permission to alter it? On who's authority??? Green deal LOL