Triton Enrich

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by John JR, May 27, 2017.

1. John JR

John JR New Member

Fitted the shower as more or less straight swap for a previous Triton 8 1/2 kw. So running same pipework and electric should be done 1/2 hour tops. Onto the commissioning part and as soon as I turn the unit to cold as instructed in commissioning blurb the power light on unit goes off and no water enters the shower. Any ideas please ? What am I missing?

2. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

isolate electrics and re check your connections ,including the factory made ones in the terminal block .make sure you are not trapping any wires fitting the cover or have loosened any connections within when you fitted it. specially around the compression joint to pipework . maybe post photos on here. have you done anything on the isolation switch ,new one maybe ?

3. John JR

John JR New Member

We have previously tried all of the above but no joy

4. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

do you have electrical testing equipment ,multimeter will do ,and are you clued up on how to use it ?

5. John JR

John JR New Member

I have a multimeter but not fully conversant on its full use

6. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

OK mate I am not really comfortable on giving you further info ,which would involve testing on a live circuit ,unless you are 100 % confident .have you changed the isolating switch ? can you post pics ?

7. John JR

John JR New Member

IMG_0699.JPG IMG_0703.JPG No I've not changed the isolating switch
    The first picture is the one I took off he second is the new one I've put on

8. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

nothing looks out of place ,but the red and black ( line and neutral) cables my be tightened against their insulation rather than the copper conductors. isolate electric supply ,loosen the terminal screw on neutral and pull out ,inspect the end and re make. same on the red . if they are properly made it looks as though you have a duff unit. I think the neutral may not being made in the terminal block .I have not ever had a duff triton but am sure they must get a few.

9. John JR

John JR New Member

I have checked and remade all 3 connections. Then went through the commissioning procedure as per the triton book. As soon as I turn the top switch to cold out goes the light and no water.

10. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

did you ensure the orientation of the spindle for the top knob was in the correct position ? look carefully at the pic in "commissioning".you could be putting the knob in the hot position if the spindle isn't right. that may trigger safety device to kick in. failing that it's a dud.

11. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Surely the bottom dial is for temperature adjustment(which needs to cycle through hot/warm/cold during commissioning)?

12. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

the top dial has 3 positions . off /cold /hot. when commissioning it has to be in cold position ( which means the heating elements are not electrically energised ) whilst solenoid opens ,allowing water into the unit fills the unit and expels air. the bottom dial is basically a tap and controls the flow of water ,this should be fully clockwise giving limited flow to protect the prv. that position would be in the " hot "range. but of course only cold water would come out as elements are not yet energised.

13. John JR

John JR New Member

I think it could be a dud will replace it at screwfix in the morning and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the help.

14. John JR

John JR New Member

15. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

please do let us know john.

16. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Is it not said in the instructions to turn the 'flow' dial from hot to cold a number of times to commission?

17. John JR

John JR New Member

No not until you get water

18. John JR

John JR New Member

Swapped the shower new one ok
    Thanks for you advice

19. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

good stuff.