Triton T300 shower flowrate

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by jgallan, Jun 27, 2015.

1. jgallan

jgallan New Member

Hi
    I recently replaced a triton Enrich 10.5kw shower with a new Triton T300 remote wireless shower 10.5kw.
    There is a significant difference in the end flowrate from the shower head compared to the Enrich.
    Due to the T300 pack being locafed in the loft it is fed with 15mm speedfit with 5 elbows and approximately 4 mtrs of barrier pipe. This is T'd of the 22mm mains riser.

The Enrich was fed from the same 22mm riser, but was fed on 15mm copper pipe direct to the inlet.

Will replacing the speedfit with 15mm copper provide a greater flowrate? Does 15mm speedfit reduce the effective pipe size to 10mm?

Thanks

2. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

I've often wondered myself how 15mm plastic can be as good as copper but ALL new houses use plastic and have been doing so for at least 10 years so if problems were occurring cos of lack of pressure/volume, we'd know about it now, so use the plastic with confidence, it'll be alright on the night, ;)