van leasing

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by mantor11, Apr 29, 2010.

1. mantor11

mantor11 New Member

Does anyone on here lease vans, what's the score on doing that. Does it work out better or worse for tax or other expenses?

2. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

its defo better to lease ,tax wise, if you're pulling the income in, you can get good deals too, but you have to be on a certain level, your accountant should advice better knowing what business you do,
    if your like me though a struggling one man band with a family and maiden to keep (shush don't tell wife) and fighting the wolves from the door, a good secondhand ****** with a sourse of red diesel is what you need.
    number 11 now, that 3 today :)

3. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

I can't be doing with lease.
    Not sure if it's any better but paying all that money out to have nothing at the end just seems wrong.
    A ren trafic sl29 the little one will cost you
    £700 odd quid down, 35 x £240, so over 9 grand, then all +vat if you can't claim it back you're up to over 10.5k
    At the end....you have nowt!!!
    Oh and that's on 10k miles a year, go over and you'll be charged more, oh and when you hand the van back be ready for the grand plus for the damage you have done to the van (yeah a grand will cover you for 3 or 4 dinks and a scratched wheel trim)
    I think better getting a loan or hp on a one year old van, you can still claim it all back off tax and you will have an asset with some worth at the end.
    So you can get a 58 plate trafic for around 9k with 20k miles.
    If you pay a grand down it will cost you around £240+vat for 3 years @ 6% interest.
    At the end of 3 years you will have an asset worth around £4k
    Then use this money so your next van will have either lower payments or you can upgrade to a better model.

4. mantor11

mantor11 New Member

nice one lads, I think you've put me off that one. I'll stick to me clapped out old nissan for a bit longer.

5. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

i have a nice trafic i'm thinking of selling :)
    Almost new!

6. mantor11

mantor11 New Member

traffic eh aui, are they any good?

If the answers yeah why ar you flogging it? :^O

7. Don't fall for that "i've had the suspension lowered * :^O

[Edited by: admin]

8. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

It's brill mantor, spot on infact.
    I bought it as an experiment.
    Had some racking put in the back and use it as a kind of mobile flooring showroom.
    It seems to work but i need a bit more of a range of sampling so gonna go a bit bigger and back to a master.
    The van is mint, 58 reg and a lwb high roof, very hard to get hold of in good nick.
    It has done less than 7k miles and never carried anything other than samples, has never done any work, it's just for show.
    It is pretty much as new.

9. mantor12

mantor12 New Member

Sounds good that audi, if I wasn't such a ragarse I'd be tempted.

10. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

Howay man, you can't be a smelly tramp all your life!!!
    Get a new van and you'll be able to park outside your customers houses instead of having to leave it round the corner.
    And immagine........... a heater!, a cd player, seat belts and it won't rattle like your grannies false teeth ;)

11. imran_

imran_ New Member

Ask your accountant. If you haven't got one, get one. Then you will know the cheapest way to acquire a van.

12. mantor12

mantor12 New Member

Don't be daft Imran of course I know the cheapest way to acquire a van, but us scousers are honest.

13. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

I always buy three years old ( ex lease ;)

14. Van Smosa

Van Smosa New Member

If you have bee thinking to have a van lease try to have a quote first for

van leasing so that you could see if you can save money or not@ *

Message was edited by: Screwfix Moderator

15. a1colly

a1colly New Member

16. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Shapely those new Spam vans....

17. a1colly

a1colly New Member