vauxhall vivaro cutting out problems

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Fred13, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Fred13

Fred13 Guest

hi all just wondering if anyone has had any problems with their vivaros suddenly loosing power when driving and totaly cutting out without any warning and all the warning lights flashing .as this has happened to me the other day and had to be driven back to the vauxhall garage on the back of a recovery truck .and the garage unable to find a fault until they decided to try replacing the cpu unite on the van to try and cee if that helps the van is a 58 reg any advice will be helpful to solving the problem thanks

2. joiner1959

joiner1959 Active Member

Have had similar problems with Vauxhalls. After a diagnostic check which was inconclusive, took it to my local mechanic who removed the EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) valve and found it totally jammed with carbon.Valve was replaced. He aslo told me that the main cause was using supermarket fuel as it does not contain any additives. Switched to BP which is a bit more expensive but no more problems.