vehicle expenses

Discussion in 'Car and Van Talk' started by surfermick, Jun 27, 2013.

1. surfermick

surfermick New Member

im unsure about this because ive always owned vans. ive just bought a second vehicle so my car is solely for the business. am i still limited to 60 % of the running costs because its not a van or can i claim more.

2. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

hi mick,
    I think this depends if you are sole trader or limited mate and also if you used personal/company funds to purchase/hire.

I went on a "newly self-employed training day" a few years back and fair play it was good. They said if you use a car/van just keep a pocket notebook on the dash and enter mileage start/end of day and if it was personal/business. Works quite well!

Even if you are happy with doing own accounts/SA etc, its worth going on one (they are free) because the advisors know this stuff like the back of their hand and can advise you on what options there are.

3. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Mick, this information can be found online, type in 'Car allowance for business use'.