Velux Kerbs

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by Will Davies, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Will Davies

Will Davies New Member

Hi, this is my first post!

Just wondering if anyone has attempted to install an old code ( M04 or 104 ) window onto a new MK04 Velux Kerb/upstand?

Can it be done and if so, are there any tricks to bear in mind?

Thanks in advance,
    Will

KIAB likes this.
  2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Now that's a good question, Velux should be able to answer that one.

3. Will Davies

Will Davies New Member

It was velux customer service's response that led me here in the first place. I called up and got the full range of answers from 'yes, of course', to 'absolutely not', to 'it requires a bit of fiddling about but it can be done'.

I got the impression that the desire to sell me a new window was an important factor in formulating their response!

Was hoping someone with some first hand experience could shed some light.

4. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

If the customer hasn't bought them, I would make them up yourself or get a shop to make them up.

I fitted some Velux upstands a few years ago. Then the homeowner had paid £600 -£700 for a pair which were esentially a sloping box made up of a twin skin of plywood with some insultation between.

When fitted still needs to be fibreglassed to make watertight

The drawing for the upstands are on the Velux site

http://www.velux.co.uk/~/media/mark...el00004 architects ecx-july2014 hires web.pdf

KIAB likes this.
  5. Will Davies

Will Davies New Member

The new upstands have already been purchased and the M04 windows are only a few years old so seems silly to chuck them for near identical MK04s.

From that link, it doesn't look like there's any difference at all other than the pane being slightly bigger. Frame and fittings look exactly the same.

Might just crack on and see what happens!

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016