Viessman Vitodens 222-F

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by CraigMcK, Sep 18, 2014.

1. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

Hi
    Considering a boiler change from our current one, but fed up with complaints from family regarding time to fill bath etc.

Has anyone got any experience of this one it's got a 130L tank in the bottom and claims of 200L of 60C water for 10 minutes.

It's not cheap and I could probably get a system boiler and unvented cyl for a bit less, but I like the idea of a single unit that looks good as I don't have a place to hide it away

2. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

I have fitted a few Viessmans Im afraid I can't say Im a big fan, they are over complicated particularly in the commissioning and servicing side. Having said that they are a decent reliable boiler from a good pedigree and their after sales and technical service is not bad. Trouble with us engineers is we all have our preferences, bit like asking if you want a Ford or a Vauxhall both decent cars just some prefer one to the other. Best advice, speak with your installer discuss your needs and preferences then take it from there.

3. JustNick

JustNick New Member

Hi Craig, you wont get a better boiler/unit, I do agree with Dave does Gas as they can be awkward to commission. Its a bit like buying a top of the range car and driving it in first gear all the time, until your shown it has other gears! The controls are really simple when their set up correctly as they have a home owner mode and installer mode. You can arrange the controls to do just about anything, different heating circuits, weather compensation e.t.c. I fit these units and find them very end user friendly. I agree their not cheap, but they are top of the range. You do get a hell of a lot for your money when compared to other brands. Best advice get an Viessmann installer thats been on the 200 controls courses, Check the website, they will understand more than your average installer, No disrespect to installers!

4. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

Thanks for that. Now just need to find the money to pay for it