vokera linea 24 problem

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by dollars, Jan 5, 2010.

1. dollars

dollars New Member

just re-pressurised my expansion vessel because the pressure was getting to high (over 3 bar when CH is on)and the water was venting outside, seemed to work as there was no pressue in the vessel and now my boiler pressure only reaches just over 2 bar with CH switched on. however when i checked this morning the boiler was flashing red code 04 for low pressure but my boiler pressure had only dropped to its usual cold 1.5 bar according to the gauge. any suggestions?

2. dollars

dollars New Member

one more thing, when i found the boiler had shut down this morning with error code 04, the temp on the display only read about 10 deg. dont know if this makes any difference. i have a room thermostat in living room which is a much warmer place than the conservatory where the boiler is so this did not kick in or the boiler had already shut down before the stat could work.

cheers

3. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

You probably need a new expansion vessel.

4. dollars

dollars New Member

the expansion vessel managed to maintain the 12 psi that i put in it and i no longer have the high pressure build up, so what could be wrong with the vessel that i already have?

cheers

5. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

There are two ways the expansion vessel can fail to function properly, either the rubber diaphragm has punctured or the air on the dry side of the diaphragm has leaked away. Either way the effect is the same, namely the pressure rise as the system heats up is too large and the relief valve opens. Check the discharge pipe outside - has water come out?

If not you have a leak somewhere. Start by checking the rad valves.

6. dollars

dollars New Member

i dont have a leak and im not losing any pressure its the boiler flashing code 04 telling me my water pressure is low but i have 1.5 bar in the system

cheers

7. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano New Member

Have you got the user manual for your boiler,check what the code is in relation to

8. spongeblob

spongeblob New Member

Turn mode selector switch to re-set for 10 seconds then back to original position.HTH

9. dollars

dollars New Member

the manual says "insufficient water pressure, check pressure and restore if necessary"

my pressure is fine 1.5 bar

10. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano New Member

Read it again,thats part of what it says,also reset instructions and few pages down on the sequence page tells what the fault code is

11. dollars

dollars New Member

i can get the boiler back on by resetting but once the CH has been on and is allowed to cool back down for a few hours then the code flashes again. so if the heating turns itself off during the night and cools down then i wake up to a cold house because the boiler will have shut down again.

cheers

12. spongeblob

spongeblob New Member

Best bet is to leave heating on low setting for 24hrs till you get some one in to repair it,it could be a fault on the pressure sensor?,but who knows?

13. dollars

dollars New Member

i was just going to ask if there was some kind of pressure switch which is not triggering to let the boiler know that there is enough pressure in the system. where would it be and what does it look like?

cheers

14. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

It could be one of several things - get a gas engineer out before they all get snowed in. ;)

15. dollars

dollars New Member

probably a good idea but i do like to try and fix things myself and learn for future problems unless its gas related.

16. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano New Member

I know what the fault is exactly but unfortunately it's inside the combustion chamber and wil require a RGI,not good idea advising a diyer to fiddle with things they are not competant to do so

17. dollars

dollars New Member

so what is the fault exactly in the combustion chamber?

cheers

18. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano New Member

Sorry I dont want this to turn into a slanging match,as far as I know to be competant to work on gas you will have to pass your ACS exams and then register with the relevant authority,that being Gassafe register in england
    As you are not either then the advice I would give out can be dangerous raher then beneficial,just to save a few quid I would not want to put you and your family at risk

am sorry this is my personal decision as all advice is provided "as is" and free of charge here thats my personal stance

19. dollars

dollars New Member

thats fine, i only wanted to know the problem so i could mention it to the person that i may have to get out not to do it myself, like i said before i dont like touching gas.

cheers

20. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Knackered heat exchanger leaking I expect.