Water Pressure Hansgrohe Issue

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by LJSully, Aug 12, 2017.

1. LJSully

LJSully New Member

Hi everyone,

I posted this message on a different forum hoping I would get a quick response but I have not as of yet. So I thought I would rack the brains of screw fix community forum for advice.

I need some help regarding a new shower system that has just been fitted. I have recently had my bathroom made wheelchair accessible for my disability and I have a Hansgrohe Raindance overhead shower and handheld Hansgrohe Select with an iBox.

I had a close family member install the system as they have already installed one of these systems before.

I went to try it the other day and unfortunately on both options whether the overhead or handheld, the water just trickles out?

My father contacted the help centre for Hansgrohe and they said this is to do with the pressure and having a Combee boiler can limit the pressure.

This is very confusing as I was told when I bought the System that a Combee boiler would-be more than adequate to sustain the correct pressure.

15 mm pipes where used.

Is there anything anyone can suggest what could be the problem?

Also is there any recommendation for a plumber in the Hampshire area that can test water pressure and help the situation?

If anyone needs any more information I will try to be as specific as possible

All the best

Lee

2. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

If it worked initially and has recently developed the loss of pressure you need to be looking at debris from instaltion in the filters.

Is the rest of the house water pressure as expected, sink, basin etc?

3. LJSully

LJSully New Member

Hi Dave many thanks for your reply unfortunately no it did not work at first.. I think I forgot to say in my post that this was the first time I had turned it on...

The rest of the apartment water pressure is quite powerful especially the second bathroom that is used for visitors which has a bog standard shower system.

I have had many people say that a combi boiler can stop the water pressure and also add water pressure