What petrol powered pressure washer ?

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Tiny01, May 4, 2016.

1. Tiny01

Tiny01 Member

Hi all ..

Think that I've just about finished with electric pressure washers after my latest one Bosch Aqua clic has thrown a wobbly & trips the house electric once you connect the water to it .

Fed up with these now & think that I'll try a petrol powered one , not looking for an all singing & dancing one , just one that's reliable , budget I guess up to £500 I've looked around & there seems to be a few to choose from .

Has anyone any experience with these either good or bad or is anyone able to recommend any particular make ?

SergioKurba likes this.
  2. Do not really know anything about them,but I would suggest you go for a reputable make like Stihl or Husqvarna.
    Their chainsaws are the best, so I would imagine their other products are up to the mark.

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Got a electric Nilfisk pressure washer here, coming up to 6 years old, never had a problem with it.

You go with petrol, look for one with a Honda engine, very reliable, had one on my mixer,start first or second pull every time.
    Also go with a commerical model compared to a domestic one.

Tiny01 likes this.
  4. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Most companies will sell you a petrol washer with Chinese parts.
    If you want quality insist on an "Interpump".

This guy provides both depending on what you want to spend...
    http://jetmac.co.uk/t/honda-with-interpump

Tiny01 likes this.
  5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Taskman PW150 PH11 is very popular petrol pressure washer.

6. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Or also the CAT pump.

7. Tiny01

Tiny01 Member

Thanks , the entry level one looks like just what I'm after thankyou

8. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

9. alfredharps

alfredharps New Member

Sorry for bumping such an old thread but I would like to tell about my experience. I have used a lot of pressure washers already and I can say that such well-known brands as Karcher are not as good as you may think. I've started using Wilks Genuine USA TX750i that I found here http://www.best-pressure-washers.co.uk/best-petrol-pressure-washer/. Brilliant washing equipment that makes everything I need.