What sort of fitting is my basin flexi hose?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Mr_Taipan, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Mr_Taipan

Mr_Taipan New Member

Please help as I must be missing something obvious here. I have a basin tap (from VP) which has 2 flexis coming out of it. If i take a 15mm isolater valve it will screw into the flexi hoses. The isolator valve nut that I took off will thread onto the 15mm x 1/2 bsp JG speedfit cylinder connector male 23662, but and here's the problem, the speedfit connector will not screw onto the flexi hoses? Eh? I'm confused?

[​IMG]

2. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Not the best practice to connect the flexi direct to the iso valve (although there will be millions connected this way that don't leak)

The edge of the iso valve is tapered and if the flexi is over tightened (which we sometimes do as a belt and braces approach) this tapered edge can damage the rubber sealing washer and result in a leak

These connectors are a great little bit of kit (come on Screwfix and start to stock them, also match the price whilst your at it)

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p14081?searchstr=tap tail connectors

screw flexi to these
    compression fitting to iso valve
    do away with the tank connector
    other end of iso valve to copper pipe

You've also got the iso connected the wrong way round - arrow should be pointing towards the basin (although this may be a dry run I guess)

3. Mr_Taipan

Mr_Taipan New Member

That's a great help, thank you. :)

4. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

5. Mr_Taipan

Mr_Taipan New Member

Thanks for the replies. I 'm not actually using that valve, I was just using it to illustrate what threads fitted on what, if you see what I mean?