What

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by plumberboy, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Thought this was meant to be a forum for buiders and the uneducated not educated teachers guess your name is devil's advocate enlighten me any way what does bitwixt mean any way thought festool sorry Festool sounded festive o_O

2. Welldone JJ what are you going to be doing for the Nhs

3. joiner1959

joiner1959 Active Member

Well done, Whats the new job? If its anything to do with waiting lists put a word in for me would you;)

4. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

My new job will be as a Health Care Assistant. Done my NVQ in Health and Social Care this year (but been maintenance person in a nursing home for the past 3, 1/2 yrs) TBQH, I think within the first few months of working there, I was always going to sort of head into the care side of things. Much more rewarding and satisfying job, than anything I've ever done before. At the moment I feel as though I've won life's lottery. ;););)

Phil the Paver and plumberboy like this.
  5. Good for you john you sound like a great guy well done :)

6. joiner1959

joiner1959 Active Member

Good stuff, will be a nice start to the New Year. Probably good prospects for career advancement to, SVQ, HNC etc.

7. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

If I ever need any NHS care, I hope the person doing it is like you, there are some lucky people getting some top quality care soon, god bless you and all like you.

plumberboy likes this.
  8. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

well said Phil, there are too many just getting jobs in care because 'its a job', JJ's doing it cos he's got the call, Its somerthing he WANTS to do,

good on ya mate, :)

9. joinerjohn1

Well at my age, my career progression (as I see it) is to get my NVQ3 next year, do HCA for another year, then apply to become an Occupational Therapy Assistant, or Health Care Scientist Assistant, or Radiography Assistant, or perhaps a Community HCA. I can still keep my hand in with the joinery on my days off. (have a couple of jobs coming up for friends soon, which will keep me busy for a few weekends)

10. joinerjohn1

Cheers Tomp, I see the care work as a vocation, rather than just another 9-5 job. Quite honestly, the feeling you get at the end of the day is great. In industry you might get a few days per year where you've really enjoyed a days work, but in care, almost every day is enjoyable.