Where do you buy Your masking tape from? And what kind?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by wau5, Apr 23, 2017.

1. wau5

wau5 Active Member

I used to get it from homebargains myself as it was something around 60p for a 50m roll , but they no longer seem to stock it.
    Was wondering where do you guys get yours from?
    screwfix/toolstation charges just stupid prices for it, and I tend to go through a lot of it so was thinking of just buying it in bulk from somewhere + maybe I can find a better quality one as well.
    What kind of masking tape do you use and where do you get it from?

2. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

WillyEckerslike and Astramax like this.
  3. wau5

wau5 Active Member

lololol You mad? :D

4. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

I been tested several times

But I doubt you have any excuses

5. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

It's about quality not price, how well will it adhere to a particular surface, how easy will is peel off, is it a 24 hour, 3 day, 7 day or a few weeks tape. is it low tac etc will it degrade in a short time. So not so much about cost it's about quality and performance!

KIAB likes this.
  6. Dr Decorator

Dr Decorator Active Member

As Astra states it about quality, not cost,

I will not use any unbranded tape (white core), so either; Eurocel, Kip, or Tessa.

KIAB likes this.
  7. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

8. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

It's because he bought that Mirka Deros at £300+. I'll be honest I'm jealous - I cannot justify that sort of money on a sander even though I could use it commercially - just not enough to warrant it. Equally I don't think I would survive the onslaught from Mrs Eckerslike. In fairness, she doesn't give me a hard time over my choice of consumables - that gold leaf masking tape is the dogs' danglies....

9. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

No it is because all his posts on here (and DiyNot and Tilersforum) etc. are all whinging posts about trying to buy stuff cheap, then moaning about how poor the quality is :rolleyes:

Jord86 put it well on another thread "you appear tighter than a nuns chuff due to your many posts on here complaining about the cost of everything," :D

10. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Sounds like a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

11. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

I use frogtape for all masking. I sticks to virtually anything, and I've never had paint seep through it.

You get what you pay for, masking tape is worth the extra few quid rather than fiddling trying to pull it off the roll or if paint goes though.

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  12. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

That's what I tend to use nowadays.