Where to find plastic buffers for radiator brackets?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by dan_aka_jack, Feb 22, 2007.

1. dan_aka_jack

dan_aka_jack New Member

Hi there,

I'm trying to find some plastic buffers for radiator brackets. I'm not sure if I'm using the correct term... what I want is the little plastic item which sits between the radiator and the metal wall bracket to reduce radiator noise. These plastic buffers are only about 10mm in length. They're supplied with new radiators but I can't find where to buy just the plastic buffers.

Please can someone point me in the right direction? I'm based in London.

Many thanks,
    Jack

2. Tricky Dicky

Tricky Dicky Screwfix Select

3. devil's advocate

devil's advocate New Member

Hi Dan.

There's a thread on this exact topic on this forum a couple of months back - worth a search? (Try 'brackets' as a possible term)

If you know the make of the rad, try contacting the manufacturer - find them via the web.

But there are other possibilities... but I can't remember them (of course, including Tricky's)

4. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

best place to get them is a building site ( new houses ) the plumbers have to work so fast that they don't bother with the plastic bits and throw them away, even when they do fit them, the painter will lift the rad off the brackets to paint behind, ( made easy with plastic pipes) the plastic bits come off, and the painter will not bother to put back, so just wonder around pretending to be interested in buying a house and fill your boots.

5. dan_aka_jack

dan_aka_jack New Member

Hi guys,

Thanks loads for the replies. I'll give the electrical-tape -idea a shot.

Thanks again,
    Jack