While we're on the subject

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Father Jack, Apr 22, 2024.

1. Father Jack

Father Jack Member

Happiness is a cigar called Hamlet the mild cigar by Benson and Hedges .
    Ahh the good old days !!!

2. Father Jack

Father Jack Member

What's your most annoying advert ever and what's the best ?

3. Ind spark

Ind spark Screwfix Select

All adverts are annoying

Astramax, Alan22 and arrow like this.
  4. Father Jack

Father Jack Member

They used to be funny . Before the PC brigade

arrow likes this.
  5. Ind spark

Tuxmark2, arrow and Bazza-spark like this.
  6. FlyByNight

FlyByNight Screwfix Select

Totally agree, and what makes it worse is when watching a long drama or film, there is an advert for a specific product at the start of the break, then another for the same product at the end of the break, and 10 minutes later the same two again and again at every break. I make a mental note never to buy the product.

And even more annoying is that everyhousehold is indirectly paying towards adverts - something like £700 or more every year and it cannot be avoided.

7. arrow

arrow Screwfix Select

As with Ind hate all adverts now, but I particularly hate the subliminal woke pc adverts pushing their agenda on us.

Ind spark likes this.
  8. Ind spark

Channel 5 is the worst, we watched a series on MY5 streaming service yesterday, 7 adverts every 15 minutes it's so frustrating :mad:

9. Tuxmark2

Tuxmark2 Screwfix Select

I heard he still has the bonnet and kilt in his wardrobe and is considering doing a few turns in the bingo clubs :)

Ind spark likes this.
  10. Tuxmark2

Tuxmark2 Screwfix Select

I last watched 'live' TV about 10 years ago, was sitting watching a perfect run of adverts that was ruined by snippets of a WW2 Film.

11. Tuxmark2

Tuxmark2 Screwfix Select

My new TV has a mute, sleep and woke button on the remote !

arrow, Father Jack and Ind spark like this.
  12. Father Jack

Father Jack Member

Sony made a dvd recorder that could miss out all adverts

13. Mark DM

Mark DM Screwfix Select

Annoying when you sometimes can't even work out whats being advertised! Best to just take a wild guess :)
    Also the over 50 plans!....my view is let the inheritance pay for it and let the relatives do a bit of work for the money. They can organise the digging. :)
    Only one off those I miss is the Michael parkinson one " you won't get a better deal" and " you get a free Parker pen just for enquiring " pure quality!!

Tuxmark2 likes this.
  14. Tuxmark2

Tuxmark2 Screwfix Select

Its even easier for the relatives in my case, my wife already has a plot sorted and the hole dug ready, I was 4 foot down digging before I realised WE do not need another drain like she said we did :)

Mark DM and WildCat like this.
  15. Father Jack

Father Jack Member

Coventry isn't doing well they lost the semi yesterday and now they are getting an Icelandic snow storm . My ****
    Or maybe an isle of wight wind , an extreme depression coming from Westminster is causing it

16. Alan22

Alan22 Screwfix Select

If you have time to watch tv adverts you have 3 years left to live, it's a stage, a final one.

17. arrow

arrow Screwfix Select

What are they building to replace it?

18. Father Jack

Father Jack Member

A Godiva bungalow

19. Mark DM

Mark DM Screwfix Select

PG tips advert?..... cream tea Mr shifter... dad , do you know the pianos on my foot?.... you hum it son, I'll play it. :).... how did I remember that one!!

20. Tuxmark2

Tuxmark2 Screwfix Select

If your trying to infect ear worms on us then try this one:

Mark DM and Father Jack like this.