will this start an argument ??

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by b4xtr, Feb 24, 2017.

1. b4xtr

b4xtr Active Member

Just done the plaster boarding in my garage conversion and initially i was going to dot & dab onto the inner block walls.
    But then came across the foam adhesive and after a bit of google and you tube it looked pretty good to me, anyway, i thought sod it and bought some together with the gun to apply it.
    I have to say it was almost a pleasure to use, very clean, no lugging bags of adhesive around, mixing etc.
    Plasterers been in last two days skimming and he said he couldn't fault it,the use or the results, as long as you don't get it on yer hands that is.
    Anyway what's peeps opinions ??

2. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

If it works then great. I still use Dab in 'the traditional way' :rolleyes:, but often use foam for patching in bits of PB as it goes off quick when you need to get a wriggle on! :D

3. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

I used gunned instastick with a few mechanical fixings for the hardie backer in my bathroom. Y. Easy to use. does the job well. Bit more expensive though.

4. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

always have a can of the instastick.

Not sure about plasterboard as dont you need to get all the edges aligned, something with foam may be difficult, with adhesive you have the ability to tap the board flush.

somewhere where it would be useful is if a sheet of plasterboard had come lose in some places then may be able to drill a hole and inject foam in the hole rather than taken the sheet down, but not too much as could push the sheet out.

5. b4xtr

b4xtr Active Member

it was no problem with edges, and yes i did drill and inject an area around a socket that i wanted to be a bit more sure of but all dead easy

6. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

May try this method

7. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

i used the foam adhesive as supplemental fixings when I put a second skin of insulated PB up on a ceiling. The difficulty was that because of the thickness of the plasterboard you couldn't tell if you had hit timber with the screw. The adhesive was there just in case I missed