Wren drawers removal

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by yozzer, Apr 17, 2016.

1. yozzer

yozzer Member

fitting wren kitchen anybody know how to remove drawer boxes from runners
    Old runners were easy pull out and lift but these are supposed to be new design
    Can't suss it out thx

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

I know.:D

From 2014 they changed them.:)

3. yozzer

yozzer Member

I know how to do that operation but I want to remove All of the drawer unit
    From the soft close runners thx

4. Liz j

Liz j New Member

I too would like to know how to remove the complete drawer not just the front

5. johndps

johndps New Member

Pop into Wren and they will show you. Or...pull all the way out undo small clips both runners at front of runners and grip either side of drawer, pull straight up. They are clipped in. That's how they all were fitted when I worked there a year ago.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  6. rasta

rasta New Member

take the drawer front off, see at the front of each runner a dark gray plastic clip, lever that down and the drawer pops up.

7. Ewen

Ewen New Member

The grey plastic clips at the front clip in. Simply open the draw slightly and a sharp pull up and they come out quickly

8. Windydick

Windydick New Member

You lift the front to release the spring clips that hold the ends of the drawer front to the runners, but the secret is to only open the drawer about 10 cm, to avoid stressing the runners. To replace just push down in a similar position, first making sure the runners are as far out as possible with the grey flange at the ends within a couple of millimetres of the front of the drawer.

9. glob@l

glob@l Screwfix Select

Am I the only one who thought this was Navy related?

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  10. Windydick

Windydick New Member

As my mother was one of these very many years ago I suppose the subject might be considered pivotal to my very existence!!

11. Anthony Eth

Anthony Eth New Member

Thanks very much. As you say opening the drawer only about 10cm does the job very easily.