Cooker/Hob Circuit

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Sabretooth, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

I've never bothered to worry about the plug removal myth.

But I have had a look at the warranty T&Cs for both NEFF and BOSCH. They both have a get out of jail clause in their warranty terms that they could choose to use:

We reserve the right to invalidate the warranty: -
    a. If repairs or other interventions are performed by persons not authorised by us to take such action,
    or if our appliances are fitted with non-original spare parts, extras or accessories;

It would come down to if removing the plug were deemed an "intervention".

2. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Sorry, back to this old chestnut.

I'm using new cable/colours for the log cabin but it would be good to use some existing old 1mm Triple&E for part of the lighting circuit (red, yellow and blue in white outer). I've got a double dimmer switch and rather than run 3 lengths of T&E, 1 T&E and 1 length of this old Triple&E would be easier inside the 20mm conduit.

OK to do this as long I sleeve it appropriately? Red and yellow would be switched lives so would be sleeved brown? Blue will be neutral so OK as is?

3. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

Sure why not, we won't tell.

Put an appropriate "mixed colours" label on your consumer unit, so that it will remind me next time I am over at your place trying to fix your problems.

Dr Bodgit likes this.
  4. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Already got a mixed colours sticker on the main/house CU, not sure I have one (or need one?) on the cabin mini-CU? Got 3 core SWA on both now so its a right mish mash of old, new, 2 and 3 core (or 3 and 4).