Door lining!!

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by noterms, May 18, 2016.

1. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Looks like your new frame is for fire doors as it has the slot in for intumescant strips. Also the head has been put on the wrong way round.

2. noterms

noterms New Member

Yeah it's just a scrap set I had leftover from a friend just dry fitted to check

3. noterms

noterms New Member

Would love to hear what I can do with the frames co-joined to each other don't know what you would use as the term for it but I hate it.

Anything that can be done? Would love to move them away from each other but doubt that is possible. It's the same downstairs it looks bloody awful when you can't fit door trim to all sides.

4. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Ive recently fitted new frames upstairs.

Took some time but i made the up the frames to math the door width and height.

Fitting the hinge jam first the door can be hanged, the the latch jamb can be adjusted and fixed using packers where necessary .

5. noterms

noterms New Member

Problem is as in pictures they all butt up yo one another so having trim on all is a no go. Not exactly box rooms either so I don't get why they built it so. Grrr

6. noterms

noterms New Member

Just measured the next door lining to install brick to brick the gap is approx 810mm -64mm for the legs

And being able to trim a door 8mm either side.

Will I get away with a 762mm standard size or think of something other?

7. noterms

noterms New Member

Well ended up employing a "carpenter" who assured me they are fitted correct but they look a mess quite frankly. I imagined them having to but up to existing plasterboard square but they don't

8. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Do you have any pictures of the finished work.

When fitted mine, this is what I spent time to get right. the frame should sit just slightly past the finished plaster so that when architrave is fixed, it will fly over. A mm under would still be acceptable.