Dulux quick dry satinwood - everything sticks to it pulling it off

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by giamoose, Mar 10, 2014.

1. MikeMaMan

MikeMaMan New Member

You I touched it and it's dry : D . I think I need to thank you for good advice. I'll try to paint one speaker and see how it will turn out. Roller finish is good for me. I just want it yo look nice it does not have to shine or anything.

2. Cool.

As long as you like the fine texture, that's ok. And it should be fine on things like speaker cabinets - a fine texture is like a 'manufactured' finish.

Slooooooooow light rollering to finish off. Bear in mind that if you keep going over it as it dries, the texture will increase!

If you think you'd like the texture to be less, then slightly thin the paint. (Try a test on the underside of the speakers?)

The 'texturing' ability of the paint is something I've used a lot - applied thickly, and stippled with sideways dabbing of a paint brush as it dries gives a lovely deeply-textured finish in some situations.

It's a real multi-purpose product. Another example - the dash top and the broad back 'lip' running all around behind the rear seats of a car I sadly no longer have...

Two.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2014