End of the Euro?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Ryluer, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Banking started off as a clever idea, encourage people to save money in your bank and give them a couple percent interest, then lend that same money out to others at 10% interest, making a profit simple,then they got greedy, the rest is history.

2. There's this self-employed sparkie I know. He's a real feckless individual - likes to live beyond his means.

Worse than that, some of his carry-ons are actually quite illegal.

I reckon at least half the jobs he does are 'cash-in-hand' and undeclared. I know he's been caught out more than once with non-existent warranty issues because of this, but he just blags his way out of it.

Worse, he had a thing going with a server at his wholesalers - he'd bung the kid on the counter a tenner and be given materials for well under cost price. That stopped only when this kid left (probably sacked.)

Worse still is that he reckons all this is ok, and he deserves his lifestyle.

Fancy house and car, both mortgaged/loaned to the hilt. Every month he emails his building society telling them he won't pay that month's payment and demands they reduce his repayments!

When they gave him a final ultimatum last week, he went out and bought a printer and a scanner. He reckons he's going to print his own money now... :rolleyes:

3. The guy's name? Hellas.

4. Phil the Paver

Hellas-logo.png

Never knew Greece was an electrician. :D:D

Still never mind, they will now get everything they ask for, the rest of Europe will force Germany to concede and stop trying to be the head teacher in charge of us all. ;)

PaulBlackpool likes this.
  5. You reckon?

I doubt that very very much

6. Phil the Paver

Almost guaranteed.:)

7. In which case it would be an abuse of democracy.

Greece would effectively be bullying the rest of Europe; "give us a good deal or we'll make you suffer too...".

That pretty much sums up their game.

No acceptance of what got them into this hole in the first place.

8. Phil the Paver

Granted they were greedy when it come to taking from the ever flowing money train, but unfortunately that train is how the Germans and French get to manage the countrys involved, Ireland found that out the hard way, the difference between Greece and Ireland is Greece have had the courage to stand up and say NO MORE.

9. parahandy

parahandy Screwfix Select

Not forgetting that the British tax payer had to bail Ireland out to the tune of umpteen billions when no one else would throw them a penny.

Celtic Tiger my Aristotle.

10. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

You reckon the EU (as an entity) is democratic? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

11. Oh dear, Phil.

What you call 'courage' is actually arrogance and a refusal to accept responsibility. Like Ireland ultimately did - they've been through the worst now, and can see a better future.

And after what happened to Ireland, Greece should have known better. They really have no excuse.

As always, of course, it's those who were in power who were really responsible, and sadly the general public who will suffer.

But still, this vote was a futile last act of desperation. It'll make them feel good.

For a few days.

12. Phil the Paver

Did anyone just watch panorama about Greece, oh how they hate the Germans, funny that.!!!!

13. Phil the Paver

Ireland voting no, Europe told them to go away and come back with a yes vote, otherwise the money stops, they came back, Greece as I said have the courage to stand up and be counted by saying no more of your do as we say demands, I just hope Spain, Italy, Ireland, Portugal Etc follow suit.

14. No, I didn't watch that prog.

But no surprise. All lazy, feckless slobs hate those who work hard and have a good life.

Funny that.!!!!!!!

Again, they call it 'pride'. A few deluded peeps on here call it 'pride'.

What is it really, Phil? Eh?

15. Phil the Paver

Desperation.

Deleted member 33931 and CGN like this.
  16. Phil the Paver

Germany are paying off they own debts from the interest on repayments from other country's, so its easy to look good when others are covering your ****, hence why Greece will get what it wants, if they leave the Euro and others follow, Germany will then be in a similar position, only their dept is massive compared to the loose change Greece owe.

17. parahandy

parahandy Screwfix Select

Listen, before we go overboard with the Teutonic love in and moral high ground squatting, I'd just like to point out that Germany has defaulted on it's debts 7 times in 100 years.

Not a great record really.

18. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Greece can't have much oil!

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

19. Phil the Paver

Just as well, otherwise we'd be a war with them.

20. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Some might be more willing to help....

Mr. HandyAndy - Really