Form fills

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by flateric, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

I know you're not really interested, but 'form-filling' software I've seen, allows a list(each listed title pertaining to the relevant box) to be premade, you answer the list by line(editable until you're happy) and then click to fill the form. This is supposing you wanted to add a new form by scanning for example, and print text only onto original form preloaded in your printer..

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

2. flateric

flateric Well-Known Member

It is more complicated than that H as the rules and regs change which is often, the forms are updated with the relevant information and are a good timesaver ........Plus I am bone idle :D

3. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

Bone idle Flats!!!! But at least your honest...:cool:

4. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Fair enough.

5. flateric

flateric Well-Known Member

Still playing with the tysoft ?????????? seems ok

6. MGW

MGW Screwfix Select

With the old BS7671:2001 I wrote my own with Excel which would as well as printing check if the results were within parameters. With 2008 I was no longer doing many installs so did not bother to re-write. I did look at Java Script when Microsoft started to charge for excel on a PDA. I got so far http://gw7mgw.co.nf/Electric-Cal.html but then may PDA died so never continued writing it.

My idea was that any faults would be highlighted by the software I guess the stuff you pay for does that also or no one would buy it. But I made errors to start with and had not forum members identified my mistakes they may have gone unnoticed. That was why it was placed on the web site not really for others to use but for testing.

http://gw7mgw.co.nf/Electric-Cal5.html was another attempt but only ever made it for one circuit as before I had got rid of bugs the PDA failed. So all in all I spent a lot of time for nothing. Clearly easy to fill in the form it's the checking which takes the time.

It did worry me filling in forms without doing the calculations as just like I have done anyone else can build a calculator and start to look at your readings. But it would seem the way around the problem is simply not to write down the readings. Looking at the sample forms there is only one earth loop impedance reading on a ring final and it does not say which socket is used so it would be hard to find fault when the results are so vague.

7. dale76uk

dale76uk Member

FatHands likes this.