Help building a 4x2.7m shed

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Nishing, Jul 11, 2015.

1. yorkyguy

yorkyguy Active Member

PB was trying pass on years of DIY experience in a wide range of projects. What is your budget?

PaulBlackpool likes this.
  2. big all

big all Screwfix Select

i would love to post a picture many have tried to tell me but i am useless lol

as an aside 2.7 is a bum size iff you are using sheet material for flooring as a sheet is 2440mm

keeping the spacings as 2ft centers fits in with sheet material in your plan you will need an additional timber to join the boards on
    off course iff it planking material then 2.7 is a length you can get

3. Nishing

Nishing Member

Read my previous posts please buying a shed is not a option, my budget is as little as possible.

4. Nishing

Nishing Member

Oh im on my phone and theirs a upload a file link next to post reply, is it different on pc ?

The 2.7m is due to that being the length of my roof sheets and im doing the roof like a lean-to so i dont have to buy a ridge cover or mitre the sheets.

Im just gonna get 5 1.2x2.4 sheets and cut them to fit the spacing if that makes sense

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  5. Nishing

Nishing Member

6. Nishing

Nishing Member

Im almost certain im just going lay the blocks without concrete now i just need to figure out how im gonna do it in terms of floor layout, how many piers ill need and there positioning

7. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

6 piers, 1 in each corner and the other 2 in the middle of the long run, sister 2 off 7"x2" on each long run and hang 7"x2" at 16" centres between them, noggins at 4' and 8' to pick up the ply join.

Nishing likes this.
  8. Nishing

Nishing Member

Ok if i followed that right you mean like this?
    image.jpg

9. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Yes.

10. Nishing

Nishing Member

Ok ill try and price that up are you sure it wont need any support in the centre?

Thanks

Phil the Paver likes this.
  11. Nishing

Nishing Member

I can only pickup the timber in 3m lengths and i dont trust getting it delivered as it will probaly be warped, so should i butt 2 x2m 2x7's together over the center piers and then screw a 3m piece in the middle with 2 x 0.5m pieces at the end? Or is there a better way?

Cheers

Edit: looking at the prices its gonna be £200 for the frame and another £100 in osb, gonna have to go with more piers and smaller timber me thinks...

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  12. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I would have all the joins on the pier but but a cleat on the inside as well, all your offcuts will make noggings.

13. Nishing

Nishing Member

I wonder how many piers i would need if i were to use 4x2's

14. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

15. Nishing

Nishing Member

Lol thanks how would the frame and piers be laid out?

16. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

As before but a pier on every crosspiece in the centre.

17. Nishing

Nishing Member

So same as before but a row of 11 piers running the length in centre ?

18. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

yes

Nishing likes this.
  19. Nishing

Nishing Member

Ok thanks i guess the amount of piers doesnt matter as concrete blocks are cheap enough anyway

Another question is i need to build the shed right up against the boundary with my neighbor (see pic on first page)

So i guess i need to have the blocks right up against my neighbors concrete slab, but how can i cover up the gap and make it look decent so he doesnt moan