Is The Forum Working?

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by JP., Nov 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. As for missing Miss P, I said before - when she imploded the first time - that I'd like her to come back, but only if she'd managed to get her act together.

I really thought she had. She returned a lot less frenetic, a lot more thoughtful, less attention-grabbing - almost humble in fact, and making almost sensible contributions. What's more, her grammar had improved immeasurably... :rolleyes:

It didn't last, unfortunately. In fact, her second implosion was in many ways worse, as she tried to take someone else down with her (which reminds me, where's Phil... :rolleyes: )

It wasn't pretty. I found it genuinely unpleasant to witness. Not just the damage she was trying to do to others, but the clear state she was in herself - it was real despair.

But, typically, the welcome 'humility' on her return was completely gone - replaced by the old aggression, defensiveness, bullishness, blaming everyone and everything but herself.

That ain't entertainment. That ain't liveliness. I don't want to see any more of that.

If she can manage to get her act together again, with some genuine honesty to boot, then it would be great to see her back.

I just don't want another self-destructive implosion :(.

KIAB likes this.
  2. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

No offence malkie but I don't understand your reply one bit to be honest;

Yes, I have asked a question on this forum that hasn't been answered (if that's what you mean) I do realise though that any advice offered is a bonus, its free and an answer is not guaranteed. I also realise that people are busy and have lives outside of this forum (yes really)

Banter, serious advice and everything else in-between is all welcome here (within SF boundaries of course)
    The point I'm making though is to correctly use the subject headings
    Don't jump into a post relating to what fixings to use for a gate post and then twist and manipulate it somewhere totally different, over many pages whilst attacking well know members on a personal level

Levity for sure, within context or go totally off tangent but stick it in the Just Talk section - Not too much to ask for surely :D

PaulBlackpool likes this.
  3. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

Prickly on ere as per.................... :rolleyes:

4. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

Sorry Dave but it's all down to the way that this forum is set up. If, as in your example,you wished to ask a question about hanging a gate, then you ask on the carpenters forum ,where presumably,a reply will be posted. Everything then arrives on the Just Talk forum,where you must take your pick from the advice and the triviality. I really don't know,but I'm sure that the sensible answers would be posted back on the carpenters forum. o_O

5. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

I'm still knocking about Dev. :)

6. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

You are quite correct.
    A lot of forums are much stricter than this one.
    On the Windows 7 forum I posted something about defective hard drives on a blue screen of death thread by mistake. My feet didn't touch!
    Miss P was dominating the whole website.

7. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

I'm not looking for an argument here malkie and I'm not being prickly either - just seems that you and I are talking different languages or something

If a ask advice about a gate on the carpenters forum and people choose to follow this thread and supply an answer, it will appear following my post on the same forum - Carpenters
    I'm happy with anything gate related, be it banter or advice

Any posts not related to my gate, or not related to any trades within this forum should then be posted on Just Talk
    It really is that simple, no debate and nothing to do with "how the forum is set up", basic rules and etiquette

Was just a little annoying to me and several others, although on Just Talk, I really don't give a fig on any subject matter people wish to debate, that's what its there for
    I think PaulBlackpool gets my point

8. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

That's just what I'm saying Dave. I'm not even sure that you can post directly on Just Talk. o_O When I have posted on Engineers or Tools talk, it has just ended up on this mish-mash. :(

9. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

The Screwfix Electricians Forum is largely self regulating - it always has been. Granted Screwfix mods have interjected in the past, and no doubt will in the future..however said is pretty much rare. Anyone who wants clinical posts on electrics should go to the IET forums - nowt wrong with the guys, they are just more clinical in there approach to sparking so largely on that forum there would be no lively tangential banter as such..good bunch of lads though.

10. Yeah, most of you is.

But I reckon parts are missing... :rolleyes:

11. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

You are all going to have to stay here....i cant let you out.......Because the king of the potato people won't let me. I begged him. I went down on my knees and wept. He wants to keep you here... keep you here for ten years...
    RS:(

12. Only 10?

You mean I can go now?

13. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Can't we just get back to normal and start arguing about lectrics again?

14. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

:eek::eek::eek: What parts do you reckon are missing :eek::eek::eek:

15. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

I wonder what ever happened to Lucy, it was Lucy wasn't it?

16. Lucia?

Alas, I fear gorn. Forever :(xlots

17. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

Yes that's the one, Lucia.

18. She was very, very poorly about a year ago, and I fear the worst.

Miss her lots and lots :(. She was bludy brilliant.

seneca likes this.
  19. If you haven't noticed, then you obviously don't use them much...

20. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

Yes she was.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.