New build...getting started!

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by s.bury, Aug 31, 2015.

1. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Not a good idea miss P.:(

Mini concrete crushers & kids is an accident waiting to happen.

2. s.bury

s.bury Member

Well I think a chain gang approach with myself lobbing the stuff in lessens the risk! I put the 10 yr old in a climbing harness when working on a tree but it was worse for safety as he kept jumping off to test it!!

3. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

The Red Rhino loading height is around 1500mm or 5 foot in old money, that is very high for you to be loading by hand, I for one would not recommend it, apart from the safety aspect the dust and noise right in your face would be horrendous.

I must be getting old, years ago I would have done it. :eek::oops::oops: :D

4. miss pickle

miss pickle Well-Known Member

:D:D:D I was forever falling out of trees when I was a kid. My brother is 8 years older. I used to follow him up them and get stuck :(
    And he used to make me play cricket with a proper hard cricket ball when I was little :eek:
    I was brilliant at rounders in senior school as a result though :rolleyes:;)

5. miss pickle

miss pickle Well-Known Member

Hello Mr Bury :)
    How is the build progressing?
    Anymore piccys? :)

6. Mr Bury, 200-year old bricks? Surely a demand for these for making matching extensions to existing builds?

As said above, eBay or reclaim yard will see them removed for you, so saving you a heavy task. And a few £uid too.

But certainly keep a few for a feature in yer new hoosie - a wall support for yer breakie bar, or summat. A token reminder of the the old barn that used to be there... sniff.

Use them in a barbie, tho'? Chust make sure they ain't the exploding type of bricks, or you'll be sh**ing them...