olci construction training

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by THE Equalizer, May 29, 2009.

1. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

never underestimate a cowboy Gordy.................Cause the CC/CCC cowboys can manage that quite well themselves, underestimate jobs, their ability & their worth!!

2. Oh NO NOT AGAIN.

Oh NO NOT AGAIN. New Member

I never undersetimete my worth £90 an hours is my rate. im worth every pound.

3. londonmarkdt

londonmarkdt New Member

OLCI Construction Training, Head Office London, miss sold by salesman

Hi
    I am looking for some advice regarding OLCI and the course I have been signed up to. I had the same as the majority of people on this site, a pushy sales man come to my home and talk to me about the plumbing courses and the benefits etc.
    It sounded like a pretty good deal until I done some research. The main worry for me is the variations in costs that people are paying. I have seen everything from £3k to £5k and don't understand how they can get away with this?? It seems like they take people for what they can get rather than offering a genuine future.
    I also failed the credit check with them as I have no past credit history. Although they still insisted that I could do the course (funded by them upfront providing I passed my card details to pay the instalments)
    I now have them taking payments from me although I was not even eligible for the loan. They said that a bank normally finances this but in my opinion, I don't believe they can make me fulfil this agreement as I wasn't even accepted in the first place.
    Whether they have financed through their name or what I don't know.
    I want to cancel this course as I am unhappy about the fake endorsements and miss-selling.
    Has this happened to anyone else? I would appreciate some advice as I have had 2 payments taken from my card details (no direct debit set up due to credit fail).
    I no longer wish to pursue this.
    Thanks

4. G Brown.

G Brown. New Member

cancel your card, say you lost your wallet, it stops them taking anymore payments.

5. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

Shocking!!..........No credit rating???!!!

6. G Brown.

G Brown. New Member

£90 to change a tap washer, ball valve etc, of course you do.

7. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

The other day I asked Heather in Personnel to dig me out some CVs, just for a laff. One CCC ever had his cowboy course down as OLCI, oh & his Class 2 HGV!!!..........:^O :^O :^O

Some were quite good, but most were as thick as mince!!!

8. spongeblob

spongeblob New Member

Tell you what Pullit son, its the biggest load of bollix since someone said I was a good Plumber,respect to time served men/women ***,women ugh :^O. stuff you Admin.

9. Alana Fox

Alana Fox New Member

Hi everyone,

Alana here from OLCI Construction Training.

Thank you for your comments regarding the experiences you’ve had while attending our courses. I just wanted to give you all some information that I hope you will find helpful.

Our courses are suitable for people who want to qualify in a particular trade. The majority of our courses, including Plumbing, Gas and Electrical, offer nationally recognised qualifications through technical certificates and NVQs. They are by no means ‘fast track’ routes to becoming qualified. The course fees reflect the quality and content of these courses, as well as covering registration fees and certification.

To help students avoid the cost and hassle of travel and overnight stays, we rapidly expanded the network of our training centres. During this period of development, we unfortunately experienced a few ‘teething’ difficulties in our Student Services department. Since then we have spent time training our staff in areas of customer care and information support. We have also reviewed our administration process to address problems such as those mentioned above. We take each problem into consideration and look at them case by case.

We have also provided additional training to our dedicated teams to ensure students are fully aware of what the courses entail and what’s included in each package. Regarding your comment londonmarkdt, I’m sorry to hear that you feel the information you received was not clear when discussing the course options with one of our advisors. It would be useful to discuss this matter further with you so if you’d like to give me a call, you can reach me on 0800 316 8100.

We encourage you to contact us with any concerns.

I hope this information is of use to you.

Alana Fox

10. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

Thanx Foxy:p
    this is not SPAM by any chance issit?:^O

11. Dickie Honeybucket

Dickie Honeybucket New Member

Ah, I see Alana has not replied to DP's posts, wonder why?? I'll tell you, cause no employers employ CCC/CCs & their course is not worth the money & a complete rip-off.
    Real Plumbers do apprenticeships!!

I also wonder if Alana takes it up the *??

[Edited by: admin]

12. ukmkh

ukmkh New Member

Hi there, Ive enrolled myself with OLCI construction school in mid september 2008 to become a qualified plumber and my course was due by 01/November/2008 and I fell ill as Ive had an accident at work and wasnt physically able to do the course and Ive showen them all the evidences from my GP and hospital so OLCI asked me to put it in writing for them in order to rebook me for the next course in januery 2009 which it never happened and they have asked me to pay them another £5268.00 again and been told the money you have paid already(£5268.00) in advance is not refundable.Its interesting that in their terms and condition said you have to let the college two months before your course is due in order to cancel your course and from the enrollment time till the actuall course starting time there was only one and half months gap,althogh Ombudsman has already taken an action against them in 2009 I still dont have my course neither my qualification yet and they keep ignoring us,also I have been to another three different soliciters and so far there has been no respond from OLCI yet,so if you want to be one their students think twice and be aware that they are only nice to you before you pay them.I just wanted to share my terrible experiece with OLCI costroction school with everone here.

13. ukmkh

ukmkh New Member

Hi there, what you have said here is abseloutly not true about my case which it happened in 2008 when I enrolled myself to become a qualified plumber by advising from one of your member like we are flexible to our students and you can always cancle your course if you wish not to go ahead, as I failed the credit history and then I have been encouraged to introduce a guarantor from OLCI customer team which I did and borrowed £5268.00 from Barclays financial department which has already paid directly to OLCI and due to the accident happened to me before my course was due althogh I have informed OLCI with all the evidences from hospital and my GP I have even emailed OLCI to cancel my course or rebook myself for the next course, and  what OLCI did was they have never canceled the course and never rebooked me again for the same course and they have never refunded the money back to Barclays financial department(with 29.7% APR),eventually I have ended up with Debt collection servise(Morecroft)costed me £11687.00 and still going on, Basically you have ruined my life financially without providing any course and dishonoured me infront of my guarantor with no responding to Ombudsman, not even to private solicitors.....how about this?why should I introduce OLCI construction school to friends or others while I have been waited three years to get my own money back?????????????????????????how are you going to respond to this one?

14. G Brown

G Brown New Member

You only experienced what many others have been through  and what many others were warned about. Avoid these cowboy schemes. They just want your cash.

15. mel.j

mel.j New Member

I enrolled on a gas course with olci if you value your hard earned cash dont sign up with this cowboy outfit promised me all the help with portfolio THEY DIDNT and when you complain they take no notice Please DONT SIGN UP youll lose your money Im currently seeking legal advice along with 6 other students

16. beoffwithyou

beoffwithyou New Member

yes that sounds like OLCI, you will get every lie known to man from OLCI and if you go to FOS you will get the same there,
    they all work hand in hand with Barclay's who are just a bunch of thieves, dont trust them of FOS they are scammers and should be brought to justice for ripping people off, the FOS are funded by the banks so there you have it they are NOT independent and they will do their utmost to save the banks paying your money back, its a national scandal. I wonder what would happen if a complaint was made to the police.

17. mel.j

mel.j New Member

well

18. mel.j

mel.j New Member

well im seeking legal action and im looking for other students who have the alls to stand up to them in court i believe i was missold this course and if any one else wants to comment or join me un the fight for justice contact

19. beoffwithyou

beoffwithyou New Member

its all a huge stitch up including the courts as the courts will need to know if you are going there as a last resort ie you have done everything you can including complaining to the FOS but even if you have an FOS judgement in your favour and believe me the banks will NOT adhere to the legal agreement, then the courts will be reluctant to change the agreement reached through the FOS even though the banks ignore any FOS agreement, you spend about 2 years providing FOS with all your paper
    work and continually show the banks and OLCI to be absolute liars, to get a legally binding agreement which is not worth the paper it is written on. and once you go back to FOS they will even ignore you so basically ypou are dealing with a bunch of crooks looking after each others backs, the FOS pat themselves on the back for getting you to take a worthless agreement
    looks to me like the FOS gets rewarded from the banks somehow.

mel.j likes this.
  20. mel.j

mel.j New Member

Good morning well i ain't giving up they need to be brought to book and understand they can't keep ripping people off if there's any one out there that wants to fight over this please contact me at . Jacobson@btinternet.com let's save other unfortunate students from going through what we have Strength is in numbers LETS TAKE EM DOWN!