Orlando

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by philthespark, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Religion shown up as being hypocritical? Whatever next?

2. Brought up on a wee Scottish island during the 60's beyond, it didn't really pay to come out as gay.

Now and then I'd hear sad - but hushed - stories of young men taking their own lives, with no apparent understanding of why they'd do so. "Lovely fellow - never did anyone any harm. Quiet. Lived at home with his mum..."

3. philthespark

philthespark Active Member

My sister is Lesbian,she has 3 children and got married a couple of years back,the kids don't think it unusual to have 2 mummys,the school the oldest one attends (she's 6) has several same sex parent families and are very supportive,when they're old enough they'll have everything explained to them then it's up to them how they lead their lives.
    My sister was put off men when she was attacked one night by a local jack the lad,who was well known for trying it on with young women.She was only about 14 at the time and he thought he'd got away with it as he wasn't locked up.However what goes around comes around and one night as he emerged from a dark entry he was confronted by a figure dressed in black carrying a large piece of timber,he ended up suffering a broken arm amongst other injuries! Karma? I like to think so.;)

4. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

You can't beat a nice piece of hickory.

5. I hope you didn't get any splinters in your hand?

Anyhoo, if your sis is gay now, then she was born gay. Or, most likely, with a degree of gayness.

Just as we are all different heights, builds, eye colour, body shapes, etc etc there are different degrees of masculinity and femininity in all of us. On the extremes, there are even extra sex chromosomes one could end up with which can really make you on the edge...

Me? I'm 100% straight, of course... :rolleyes:

philthespark likes this.
  6. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

If she was put off men at 14, are the kids adopted???

7. philthespark

philthespark Active Member

No.its all done by donor

8. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I've very dissapointed in you for this.
    Why shouldn't a gay person bring up a child?
    There are a hell of a lot of straight parents who I think should be sterilised, there is a mother in the NE who has had 17 children taken straight into care.
    What are they going to learn?
    That being gay is OK? It is.
    They aren't going to turn the kid gay.
    Gay kids generally have straight parents.
    You aren't taught to be gay, most of my gay friends didn't want to be gay, because it was different, but weren't happy until they accepted that they were and were accepted for that.
    In the light of the Orlando shooting which appear to have been carried out by a very conflicted gay man, with access to automatic weapons and a bigoted father we should be seeking to be more accepting of differences rather than throwing up walls.