Time to leavee

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Phil the Paver, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

He was on holiday.:eek::eek: Yes really he was.

2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

What!!!!!!!!!! All that time? Must have been a nice long holiday. Honestly the bloke's a waste of space. I couldn't trust him to broker peace between our dog and our budgie.

3. And that's the problem, Phil - you put two and too together and come up with anything you want.

You believe that Blair was behind this country's financial crash? Really? And you cite - what? - as your justification?

Oh yes, "bankers running wild". That's a beaut. What does it actually mean? The root of the world wide financial crash originated in London :rolleyes:.

FYI, Blair is a 'nice guy', in that he was (is) driven by a genuine desire to do the right thing for the world. You very conveniently overlook all the remarkable things he has done; he was looking for a new 'world order', where the UN would stop dictators and bullies in their tracks. Sadly, it was the other leaders who lacked the spine.

And his current role in the Middle East is driven purely by that same desire - despite your or JJ's cynical "ain't heard nuffink from him". You haven't a clue what he is trying to do behind the scenes. Not the beginnings of an idea.

I guess if he propped himself up in a bar in Jerusalem and puffed on a cigar with a gurning slacked-jawed yawp on his face, spouting glib bar locks, you'd suddenly think he was doing something.

How shallow.

4. Phil the Paver

New world order, now there a slip of the tougue.

is-the-New-World-Order-a-theory.jpg

:p:p:p

5. Phil the Paver

DA, you a quick to diss, but when I asked you to name something Europe has done for us that we couldn't do on our own, you stayed remarkably quite, so in stead of dissing try coming up with some good answer, non of which involve Blair, he's a **** end of.

6. joinerjohn1

I suppose it's easy to say the war in Iraq was Blair's fault, but to be fair, he was only doing what he was told by puppet master Bush (yep the same one who said "Yo Blair" to him in the good old US of A ) I know the recession was a world wide thing, but Labour (not Blair) did little to help the situation (remember the note left on the treasury desk for the incoming Conservative chancellor, saying "There's nothing left".;) ) But as I said earlier about Gaza, we don't know if he was doing anything behind the scenes. There was nothing reported in the media. To me the silence spoke volumes.
    And while we're on about Labour, remember Mandelson? (that slightly gay cove (well alright, completely gay cove) ) Kicked out of parliament not once, but twice, due to scandals. Only to land a cushy, unelected, job in Europe. Then brought back into the fold (again unelected) . Corrupt b'stards I reckon the lot of em. (Labour)

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  7. Nice one, Phil. Easy argument - you are the one spouting "what's Europe done for us - nuffink" and sit back seemingly satisfied by your insightful comment. When challenged, you remain seated and ask me to prove the contrary. Why don't you do some investigating to back up your assertions instead? That way you'll earn some credibility.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2014
  8. It chust doesn't end... :rolleyes:

The master of glib. "Puppet master!" fnurr fnurr - that's a good one. Always ready to throw in a ripe 'Sun' headline rather than a balanced, researched viewpoint.

Yep - Mandelson is gay. What of it? Why was he brought back in to the fold? Because he was a guy who got things done - like him or not. And I don't, particularity. Tho' I respect his abilities.

Politics is actually a wee bit more complex than tabloid headlines, "I ain't heard nuffink - so that speaks volumes", and "Corrupt b'ds the lot of them."

Unless you are prime ukip fodder.

9. joinerjohn1

Well DA, I think all politicians are corrupt, but Labour more so than others. I used Mandelson as a prime example. Booted out twice because of scandals, only to get a nice job in the EU, then get's made a Lord , purely so he can come back into British politics, because Labour knew on past form he was unelectable. The wishes of the electorate, nicely sidestepped by Blair and co.

Phil the Paver likes this.
  10. "I think all politicians are corrupt..."

Really? You really think this? Really? Honestly?

I bet you think Farage is an honest bloke too?

'Rony doesn't even begin to cover this. I weep.

11. joinerjohn1

It's what I said DA. Years ago, becoming an MP was something done out of public duty. Today I think some see it as a way of attaining a handsome lifestyle. No I don't think that Farage is an honest bloke either.. Anyway, back to my favourite subject,, Mandelson.... Had he been a company director and been involved in scandals he'd probably have been barred from being a director.. No such thing in politics though. I believe that any politician involved in a public scandal, should be barred from a political career for life.

12. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

Probably not a popular view, but I would hate to see us leave Europe. No trade without tarrifs....no Mini or Nissan plants in UK.....Pain in the **** working there ( I have FYI) & according to the figures, European migrants pay more in taxes than they receive in benefits.

13. joinerjohn1

Only the one's that are working though. ;);)
    Anyway, what about the ones who come over here, work for the minimum wage, but claim working tax credit/ family working tax credit and family allowance, for kids back home in their native country? I used to work with one Polish chap who claimed for a wife and three kids back home. Turned out, he wasn't married and didn't have kids either. I asked him what would happen when HMRC found out,,,, His reply? "By the time they find out,, I be long gone. "

14. JJ, this will come as a shock. Most MPs are actually thoroughly decent folk who are doing the job for the right reasons and the best of their abilities.

You won't believe that. And a vast tract of the British electorate don't want to believe it either; they'd - astonishingly - much rather belive it to be the case that they are all worthless scroungers out for themselves only. Really - they would rather believe this - it gives them something to b* about. And lots of Brits like nothing better than a good b*.

Malkie - thank you. Sincerely. At last we are getting away for the self-pitying "they're out to get us..." bar locks.

Our future is in Europe, and this will be more and more important as the world gets smaller. We should be grateful of the civility we are part of these days - we live in good times, folks. Really, we do.

You wanna go back even 50 years in time? Nope, nor me. How abouts forwards? No idea - looks scary :).

15. joinerjohn1

I'm just not sure DA (not these days anyway) They've been recommended to accept an 11% wage rise, at a time when public sector workers can't even get a 1% rise. What was it Cameron said some years ago ?? "We're all in this together." Oh yes, it does sound like it. Yep "We're all in this together, so we'll have a nice big wage rise (seeing as beer in the House of Commons bar has gone up a few pence) Whilst you plebs can make do with the scraps from the dinner table.
    Being an MP should never have been about the money, and I certainly believe they should lead by example. (ie only get and accept a wage rise in line with the rest of the country they reckon they represent) They've become greedy DA, of that I don't think there's much argument.

PS I was one of those that voted way back in 1976 ? to stay in the EEC. I didn't vote for what the EU has become (and I'm sure no one else did either)

16. Phil the Paver

The main problem with the EU is the only people who want to be in it are those who benefit, so you have the UNelected peeps running it and country's that are taking outmore than rthey put in, the rest of us want out, that includes most peeps in Germany, France,Spain etc etc, I've said it before and say it again, it will not exist in ten years time, if we lucky it may be five.

17. And that will be a hugely sad, backwards step.

'Little Britain' barking and snapping in isolation, and wondering why no-one loves them. Or wants to deal with them.

But - hey - there will be fewer immigrants, eh? And our bananas can go back to being curved again. Happy days.

18. Phil the Paver

:p:p:p Banana's, wasn't that Cucumber's.

Little Britain!!, that's the problem, we were the world's greatest country in terms of manufacturing, inventions, technology, science etc, but being part of the great European union has slowly but surely eaten away at that, mainly due to Europe dictating who we could sell to, who we had to buy from, I mean things like shut down your coal mines and buy it from Germany, now you may argue thatcoal is an old fashioned fuel and has no place in a modern world, that by the by, it's the do as we tell you attitude that rubs, this is why country's like Australia, Canada, new Zealand have and will continue to grow, because they look after themselves, even the USA suffer due the Europe poking it's nose in.

Sometimes you have to say **** you, I'm looking out for number one, now is the time to do that, Europe will not stop trading with us, they need us more than we need them and we will open the doors to the rest of the world on trading terms we set not Europe, that in it's self will out way any loses we may incur by pulling out, no one said it will be easy, but staying in defiantly won't be for us, Germany will see to that.

19. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

After all the damage that Blair and his Scottish mafia mates did I can't believe that DA still believes that Blair is a good chap. the Mail isn't my paper either although I do read it sometimes, I've not read the Sun for years, the Telegraph is my usual read.
    As for trade with Europe, some say that 40% of our exports are to Europe and they will dry up if we leave. Not so, it won't stop us trading and that 40% includes GB's export freight for the rest of the world that goes in containers via Rotterdam.

20. proby

proby Active Member

Just my two pence worth, Blair should be tried as a war criminal, and traitor.
    As for Europe not trading with us I don't think China is in the eu but the shops are crammed with stuff with made in China stamped on it and presume it's the same all over Europe.