Very bad leak in system.

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

I only used the Express version of the story because their Web page has the least amount of adverts, have a look around the net and you will see the story on many sites, including some lefties ones.

2. Oh don't be so bludy stupid Phil, for Kryst's sakes...

Tell me - were you disappointed at Austria's recent election result?

3. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Hawkins should stick to science (apparently he's very good at theoretical physics) As for the result in Austria, it doesn't bother me one jot, mainly because I believe that Austrian politics is for Austrian people.

4. Phil the Paver

Why what happened???? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Didn't mention Italy did you.

5. The pro-EU Italians? You do know that they are significantly pro-EU, don't you, and that this referendum had nothing to do with the EU?

So, simple question, Phil - what do you think of the Austrian outcome? Honest now - what would you have preferred?

6. Phil the Paver

What happens in Austria has no bearing on my life in any way shape or form, so why would I be bothered by what happened.

7. Phil the Paver

I wasn't taking about little Italy in London, I was taking about the country, the one that isn't as pro EU as you'd like to think.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...u-eurosceptics-far-right-austria-matteo-renzi

Forget the politicians its the people that count and this vote is clearly an anti EU vote.

8. You're da man.

Oookaayy, then - yawn - tell us what you think about the result in Italy? :rolleyes:

Wake me up when you've formed an opinion.

9. joinerjohn1

The result in Italy is a backlash from the electorate against giving the Italian government more power.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  10. Phil the Paver

It was in the post.

11. Phil the Paver

You said Italy is pro EU, clearly its not and you want me to have an opinion, how about you explaining how you think the vote was pro EU, I await your Tony Blair type spin on it, or maybe you could get Sarah to answer for you, just ask her press officer not to intervene. :):)

12. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Italian presidents have on average managed a 1.8yr term in power over the last quarter century.
    This recent debacle is nothing new!

13. "You said Italy is pro EU, clearly its not..." Clearly it's not? From what do say this?

"...how about you explaining how you think the vote was pro EU" I think - and most learned observers agree - that the Austrian vote was essentially pro-EU, and certainly rejected the swing to extreme right wing that we're observing elsewhere (beginning, of course, in Blighty - well done you).

I did not suggest that the Italian vote was pro or anti-EU as it was clearly neither (thank you, JJ). But, the Italians are generally more pro-EU, certainly significantly more so than, say, the Brits are, that's constantly borne out in polls.

So, I am obviously very pleased - hugely relieved - by the Austrian vote; they have shown more common humanity than half the Brits. It was a very good result, and shows that the world isn't necessarily destined to a decade or more of pure hell, with history repeating itself.

The Italian vote? To be honest, I don't know enough about the implications to decide whether it's good or bad. On balance, I fear it's bad as it simply causes more disruption to many already disrupted economy. So not good.

There - I have an opinion and I'm more than happy to share and justify it.

Now it's your turn.

14. I think that Britain has never been a great supporter of the EU and that is a great part of the reason why the masses voted for brexit.

Ironically it has been, mostly but not completely, by the right wing parties not allowing a lot of the benefits to the Brits, but highlighting all of the bad points. I say ironically, because its these very people, the right wing, that the masses are supporting and voting anti eu. You have to look a few steps/months/years ahead to understand why they want out.

The EU is/was very beneficial to the working man, agreed it has/had many faults too, as does any political system. If we had been allowed more of its designed benefits I think we would have been more keen on it and not had ourselves forced into a corner; which is where we are now.

The rise of the anti popularist vote, as majored by a lot of the (very) influential media, is exactly the opposite of what it actually is. Instead of voting against the rise of the right wing capitalists and the division of the people it causes, what we have done is to actually vote for and increase the support of these very people, Farage et al.

The working man has never been so blindly taken down the wrong path unknowingly, for such a long time.

And for those who want to call me a "lefty". I fully agree with the boss making more than the worker, that benefits should only be for those in need, not a necessary prop to survive, and nothing wrong with being a worker at any level. What I dont support is unethical capitalism, getting richer whilst the divide between rich and poor gets wider. But what I hate the most, is how we have been led to believe its the right way to go.

15. Phil the Paver

I agree with most of this post, the trouble is we no longer have a middle ground, we are either so far left that we will give up are own rights in favour of others, or so far right that we become Masters and Servants.

I think most people are picking the right because we have been left for a long time and peeps are fed up with the everybody has rights to our services without question attitude.

The very far right is not something I would like to see, we really need somebody/bodies? to go down the middle line and start looking after our own without appearing to want to dismiss the rest of the world whilst doing so.

Is this even possible??? I do hope do.

16. Phil the Paver

You've completely mixed Austria and Italy up.

You said Italy was pro EU, the vote suggests not.

The Austrian vote I had not mentioned at all, but you are responding as if I had.???

17. So you have consciously, or unknowingly, voted for the methods and ideas of the far right?

Genuine question, is that, honestly, what you thought you were voting for?

Im not trying to make you change your voting decision, and we are never going to view EU in the same way, but I am intrigued. If you agreed with my post, then you accept the far right is getting into power by misleading (at the very least) the general public. Idealy you wanted the exact opposite surely?

18. No I didn't - re-read post #33

19. Phil the Paver

What's Austria got to do with the Italy vote that I was talking about.

Here you said Italy is pro EU.

20. joinerjohn1

Remember , France didn't even want the UK in the EEC. ;)