Wago connectors

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by sdfuk, May 26, 2016.

1. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Don't forget to test Mr S.

2. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Eli tester? JP

3. TP&N

TP&N Active Member

Earth loop impedance, Polarity and RCD, Insulation if you do it will need the Line and Neutral shorted together and earth due to the USB charging circuit, caught me out a couple of time's testing between L&N.
    And while im a great fan of WAGO I also like the IDEAL In Sure they do a 4 port push fit that sit flat in the back of the box plus there 32 Amp rated unlike the WAGO at 24 Amp

leesparkykent likes this.
  4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

And a linky...:)

http://www.idealindustries.co.uk/productgroups/12/572/in_sure®_lever_connectors.html

5. Rob_bv

Rob_bv Active Member

Don't foget that LAP is Screwfix's / Kingfisher's own brand, much like Erbauer.

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

And Carp!:eek:

7. leesparkykent

leesparkykent Well-Known Member

I like the IDEAL spliceline connectors for extending cables in such scenario, they are also rated at 32A. What I like about them is they have an entry either end like a standard through crimp...they are double handy on consumer unit changes.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/ideal-spliceline-in-line-wire-connectors-pack-of-100/72727

8. leesparkykent

The only LAP product I buy is the LED GU10's. 3year warranty and work out about £1:50 each.

9. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Wouldn't even use them, had 4 or 5 fail after about 2 weeks use,changed to ledhut 5w lamps for about 2 years, not 1 failure yet,& just over 6 months ago, might be a bit longer, I changed to their 7w version for the kitchen.:eek:

10. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

I've never used those Lee, just ordered some to try them out, they do look useful. Always used Wago or Helacon in the past.

leesparkykent and KIAB like this.
  11. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

They do look rather good.:)

And I didn't know our host stocked them.

And they been around for some years & I've never seen them before.:(

12. leesparkykent

Yeah they are good, even just for aesthetics when dressing extended cables in a consumer unit as they have the entry points either end unlike push fit wagos and the like.

13. peter palmer

peter palmer Screwfix Select

I've used those splice line ones for a while now, I really like them. They are just the ticket if you have to repair or alter a cable and there isn't a lot of give on it, or if some dweeb has trapped a cable behind a socket and damaged it so it ends up quite short.

I also dont see what the issue is with them being rated at 32A, the biggest cable you will use standard wagos type connectors on is a 2.5 which is only rated at 27A in ideal situations anyway, just because you use them on a ring main I don't see why they should be rated to 32A.

14. TP&N

TP&N Active Member

I agree to a point but as you said 2.5 = 27A the wago push fit is only 24A, the IDEAL will take a 4mm so 32A is called for but being old school 50 years on the tools and a belt and braces approach tells me , If the supply MCB is 32A then I'll use a 32 rated connector or above. As they say its hard teaching an old dog new tricks.

KIAB and leesparkykent like this.
  15. leesparkykent

what about all them installations with 30A rated junction boxes shoved under the floor with 32A OCPD's:eek: lol

KIAB and TP&N like this.
  16. TP&N

TP&N Active Member

I'll stand corrected but I was under the impression that Erbauer was Makita's budget range

17. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

:eek::eek::eek:

Makita wouldn't make such carp!:D

18. TP&N

TP&N Active Member

LOL ya got me mister o_O

19. TP&N

TP&N Active Member

I know that me Erbauer Multi Saw in use most days got me out of more Carp than I'd care to mention lol