Wiring bathroom fan heater

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by coolhandluke, Dec 15, 2014.

1. coolhandluke

coolhandluke New Member

If I could think of a way to get a new cable to it then I would. The bathroom is upstairs and the cable comes up through the floor, nothing else around to spur off. Don't fancy pulling up any floorboards or anything. I'm not an electrician though, so perhaps I might get a second opinion. Any cornish boys here?

2. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

So Coolhand, what was the configuration of the switch when it arrived?
    RS

3. Owain

Owain Member

coolhandluke and Jitender like this.
  4. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Thank you for that post, Owain, didn't know about those. Learn something new every day. :)

5. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

Avin fun Boys? :D

6. coolhandluke

coolhandluke New Member

Thanks for that Owain, I had seen that before but I didn't look at it properly and dismissed it for some reason, but actually that would be ideal and neater.
    Now that changeover switch came with no instructions at all, so for a diyer like me, it's not helpful. Basically it's got 4 terminals on the switch with numbers and arrows. There are earth and neutral connectors on the box not part of the switch. There is a small diagram with the configuration jitender posted on page 2. So it looks to me it only switches the live?

7. Owain

Owain Member

Jitender likes this.
  8. spinlondon

spinlondon Screwfix Select

Only problem I can see, is RCD protection.

9. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Ah, now we see! :)

Mr. HandyAndy - Really