Yes mate!

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Astramax, May 13, 2016.

1. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

I can only agree,apart from the brexit comment later. :rolleyes:

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

The bit I don't like is the corporate "Did you find everything you wanted and can I interest you in ..." :mad::mad:

3. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Or even 'Do you need any paint to go with those brushes'....it's called 'Add On's at point of sale.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  4. Thankfully they seem to have stopped doing that at my local branch.

I was there a few months back and the peeps at the tills were saying the same thing to everyone "Can I interst you in..." pointing to the special offers on the front desk.

It was sooo parrot-fashion that those hearing this in the Q - when it was their turn - would start by "No - I don't want any of them. Now, do you have...)

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Post deleted:(,too pc on here, Victor Meldew phrase banned...:eek:

6. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

You must be a person exactly like me then!

parahandy likes this.
  7. philthespark

philthespark Active Member

I have 2 branches of SF near me,Warrington and St Helens,never been offered a drink in Warrington and they're not very friendly,I always feel I'm interupting their chat.St Helens are completely different,a cheery good morning and before they ask what you want they ALWAYS offer you a drink and a biscuit/piece of fruit of whatever is going.
    I understand how people get annoyed by how people speak to you though,it's funny sometimes,we stayed in a hotel twice,the first time we had an old Granada,the concierge,just ignored us as we parked up and unloaded our cases,the next year we went back with our landrover Discovery,the same concierge came out and advised us to park at the back so it wouldn't get damaged,directed us into a space,and carried our bags!
    we'd been to a well known country show,one time and tbh quite a lot of the "country set "appeared downright rude,the second time we went we "dressed up" for the occasion,I wore my usual casual attire,jeans and a shirt and my wife wore a pair of jodhpurs,green wellies and a wax jacket,everybody was so friendly,we were talking to a chap and he mentioned tractors and asked what make I drove,I told him a Fendt 936,and he was very impressed,I drive these at my mate's farm and they're the tractor equivalent of a Ferrari.
    My biggest pet hate though is reserved for young PC's,it really annoy's me when some spotty faced 20 odd year old calls me "son",I usually respond along the lines of "I've got kids myself older than you,so it's Sir or Mr if you don't mind"
    I had one rather arrogant young WPC who had a real attitude,I asked her if she liked driving her shiny new patrol car and she told me she did,I advised her not to get used to it,as if she didn't alter her attitude she could find herself walking the beat.It's funny how people's attitudes change when they realise the divisional inspector is a friend of yours.
    As a mate of mine used to say "it's nice to be important,but it's more important to be nice"

Astramax likes this.
  8. Why do you have so many 'dealings' with the local Bobbies, Phil? :rolleyes:

9. Rob_bv

Rob_bv Active Member

All my local branches are dead friendly and helpful over here in Northern Ireland. I imagine if you get offended at being called mate, a welcome of "How 'bout ye, big mon? How's the craic?" would send you into a fit! :D

10. proby

proby Active Member

To be honest if I went in and was asked about me craic I'd be off like a shot.

11. philthespark

philthespark Active Member

Where I live used to be quite rough a few years back,when I first moved up here it was a nice estate,then the council decided to clean up one of the sink estates,they did this by paying the junkies and other lowlife a grand to relocate! Unfortunately one of the places they relocated them to was my area,anyway it took us several years and a lot of aggro but we managed to persuade most of them to "relocate" somewhere else.all is peaceful again now.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.